Newer bows - specifically bowtech guys

rclouse79

WKR
I shoot a Reckoning, I think I got one a week or two after they showed up. The deadlock cams are outstanding, I would imagine the limb mover thing that Elite has would be as equally outstanding. This is a literal statement; I can take things from untuned to bare shafts with fletched to 40+ in a handful of minutes, all that is needed is an allen wrench.

I like the string angle on my longer reckoning, but if that were not the case, I would try the 350, solution, and aforementioned solution ss. If you have the extra coin and like longer bows, the Reckoning is very stable and forgiving. Unfortunately, I don't think any are light. I'd go shoot the Elite envision/enkore/remedy too.
I just picked up an Elite Enkore last week. Initially I had a fairly significant consistent tear right shooting through paper. The bow tech made one turn on each limb with an allen key and it was shooting bullet holes. I am looking forward to playing around with it further until I can group a bare shaft with my fletched arrows. It feels great to shoot.

WCB

WKR
IMO forget the weight for the most part. I think the Allegiance is 3.7-8 oz or so. Shoot a bunch and pick the one that is the most comfortable and you shoot the best. I went the light weight route with a carbon bow for backpacking or just general out west hunts. I saw exactly ZERO benefit but did notice my shooting wasn't as good and wind really became more of a factor with holding the bow still. I had the BT Carbon ICON at 3.2 lbs WAY TOO LIGHT. I ended up adding a bunch of weight and it just isn.t the same as a bow that starts heavier.

If your shooting 30 yards an in ok but in my experience light weight bows are a no go.

Scoot

WKR
I've been a Bowtech guy for a long time- been good bows for me. I'd happily get another, and likely will. However, my brother has shot a couple PSEs in the past handful of years and man are they sweat! I've been shocked to be as impressed with them as I have been, but they've been great rigs. Might be worth checking out.

Last year I upgraded my 07 Allegiance with a new Solution SD. Being a 28.5" draw I am at the peak of the bows power and the two shops I went to guided me to that model, I shot all the Solution models for last year and this one had the best draw. The let off is crazy, like someone else mentioned you almost have to push the arrow to get it to let down. At 28.5", 70lb, 453gr arrow I am hitting 292fps.

That is on the Solution SD?

KHNC

WKR
I have owned many Bowtechs over the last 7 years. My top two are the Revolt x and the Realm X. Those are still my hunting bow choices. Target bow is the Reckoning.

OP
C

Cowbell

WKR
I don't know what changes they made to the '07 Allegiance, but the '06 Allegiance was and still is a great bow. If I didn't have a long draw length I'd have the '06 and probably still be using it. I do have two '06 Old Glory's and still use them. But I also have a 2014 PSE Freak that I like too. I'll tell you though, those older Bowtech's are tough as nails and can take a beating in the backcountry. When I go horseback or deep into those rocky nasty terrain areas, I take my Old Glory. It will take the beating and still hit where I'm aiming.
This is how I feel as well. I have shot a lot of new bows in shops the past decade and didn't like any of them over the allegiance until recently. So I quit shooting them so I wouldn't be tempted to buy one lol. I have beaten my bow up so much and it just keeps on hammering.

So apparently I'm a Bowtech guy and didn't know I was brand loyal, story time. I shot an Allegiance long ago and liked it a lot, gave it to my son and bought an Admiral and shot it all the way up until year before last (still have it actually, hard time deciding to sell it). Out of the blue my wife bought me a new V3 27 and that thing was insanely nice, but I thought the 27 was a little too short ATA so with her permission I headed to the shop to trade it for a 31, shot the 27 and the 31 and shop guy said hey you're here why don't you shoot some other stuff too. After everything I shot I walked out with an order for a Revolt, regular not the X. I absolutely loved the way it felt and shot. I'll tell you what, that Deadlock cam adjustment system is freakin' awesome, whatever you get do yourself and favor and get something with that.

I have owned many Bowtechs over the last 7 years. My top two are the Revolt x and the Realm X. Those are still my hunting bow choices. Target bow is the Reckoning.

How is the RevoltX compared to the RealmX? Pretty much the exact same sans deadlock?

KHNC

WKR
How is the RevoltX compared to the RealmX? Pretty much the exact same sans deadlock?
100% correct. I have had zero desire to sell or upgrade either of them. Both are excellent in my opinion. And i have had one of their flagship bows every year since 2013.

100% correct. I have had zero desire to sell or upgrade either of them. Both are excellent in my opinion. And i have had one of their flagship bows every year since 2013.

I've been debating between getting an SR6 or a Revolt X to go with my RealmX. I draw 28-28.5'' so the SR6 won't be too snappy for me and I think they'll shoot about the same speed wise.

KHNC

WKR
I liked the SR6 okay. My favorites over the years were the Prodigy , Revolt X and Realm X and Reign 7

KyleSS

Lil-Rokslider
This is how I feel as well. I have shot a lot of new bows in shops the past decade and didn't like any of them over the allegiance until recently. So I quit shooting them so I wouldn't be tempted to buy one lol. I have beaten my bow up so much and it just keeps on hammering.

What is your intended purpose with the bow?
Spot and stalk prairie mule deer
Whitetail from the tree stand
3D
Paper

If you let me know what the intended purpose is, I can give you an insight. I shot all the flagship bows this year with the exception of the RX7 and Ventum Pro by Hoyt.

I have shot Bowtech for the past several years (starting in 2018) I've owned the Realm, Revolt and now I'm on the SR350

Looking forward to discussing with you

I liked the SR6 okay. My favorites over the years were the Prodigy , Revolt X and Realm X and Reign 7
I've had a Realm, RealmX and Reckoning. I have not cared for the Solution or SR350 in the short time I played with them. I love the draw of the Solution SS but even at 77# that thing is slow as shit. 10-15fps less than my Realm was with the same arrow despite being 8# heavier. I can yoke tune so the Realm line for me has been the pinnacle.

I shot my reckoning good, I just did not care for the draw and it wasn't exactly the quietest/fastest bow either.

KHNC

WKR
I've had a Realm, RealmX and Reckoning. I have not cared for the Solution or SR350 in the short time I played with them. I love the draw of the Solution SS but even at 77# that thing is slow as shit. 10-15fps less than my Realm was with the same arrow despite being 8# heavier. I can yoke tune so the Realm line for me has been the pinnacle.

I shot my reckoning good, I just did not care for the draw and it wasn't exactly the quietest/fastest bow either.
I only use my Reckoning for 3D and other comps. Its blue anyway. Shoots great for me but never wanted to use it as a hunting bow. Long ATA for that i thought.

I only use my Reckoning for 3D and other comps. Its blue anyway. Shoots great for me but never wanted to use it as a hunting bow. Long ATA for that i thought.

I used it for antelope hunting since the shots are usually longer. I also used it to kill a whitetail hunting out of a blind once because I forgot my other bow at home :ROFLMAO:

I really, really like my Revolt X, everything about it has exceeded my expectations. Only complaint would be that the X80 wasn't out when I bought my X.

I only started shooting compound bows a year ago and bought a bowtech Amplify. I’m so impressed that I just shot a revolt X and I’m speechless. I’m going to try the Sr 350 and revolt xl. Find a shop that’ll let you shoot them all until you find the one you comfortable with. Good luck

Last year I upgraded my 07 Allegiance with a new Solution SD. Being a 28.5" draw I am at the peak of the bows power and the two shops I went to guided me to that model, I shot all the Solution models for last year and this one had the best draw. The let off is crazy, like someone else mentioned you almost have to push the arrow to get it to let down. At 28.5", 70lb, 453gr arrow I am hitting 292fps.
Same with the SR350. Not a big deal once you get used to it, but I had some trouble letting down when I first got it. In fact, I was trying to let down and ended up having the bow pull forward and hurting my shoulder for a couple of weeks. Not sure what other bows do this, but the let down really does fee like you are pushing the arrow forward.

OP
C

Cowbell

WKR
What is your intended purpose with the bow?
Spot and stalk prairie mule deer
Whitetail from the tree stand
3D
Paper

If you let me know what the intended purpose is, I can give you an insight. I shot all the flagship bows this year with the exception of the RX7 and Ventum Pro by Hoyt.

I have shot Bowtech for the past several years (starting in 2018) I've owned the Realm, Revolt and now I'm on the SR350

Looking forward to discussing with you
Sorry I've been tied up the past few weeks - I am mainly wanting for elk hunting and spot and stalk deer/caribou