Newest offering from Stalker

Steadman

WKR
Got one of the first g10 riser bows from South. It definitely has some weight but man is it stable! It's also bomb proof as well. And if I run out of arrows and get attacked I can use it as a club lol!!

Attachments

• PXL_20210526_214148204.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210526_214148204.PORTRAIT.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 188
That’s a great looking bow. What are its specs?
I’m still in deliberation about which bow to get.......I would really like to go shoot a few before making a decision.
I might go check out a Predator when I go to my place in Michigan next month.

Bryceo29

FNG
Got one of the first g10 riser bows from South. It definitely has some weight but man is it stable! It's also bomb proof as well. And if I run out of arrows and get attacked I can use it as a club lol!!
Definitely a great Stalker bow!

Beendare

WKR
When did you order yours Steadman?

I ordered a Stalker riser on February 6, South told me three months.

I emailed him for an update a couple weeks ago and no response- yet.

Last edited:
OP
Steadman

Steadman

WKR
I ordered it back in January. I knew it was going to be a bit longer than his normal lead time, especially being one of the first. They had to work out a bunch of kinks working with the new material. That's weird he hasn't responded, if you have time I'd give him a call.

Tradguy

FNG
Great looking bow! That material has to be so hard on bow making tools, a band saw whimpers when that stuff gets close.

LostArra

WKR
Steadman: is it the photo angle or is the shelf more flat than wood Stalkers which have a noticeable radius cut?

Could it be a difference in cutting the material?

Cool bow. What's the total weight?

OP
Steadman

Steadman

WKR
Lostarra it's the pic angle. It definitely has a radiused shelf. I don't have a scale to weigh it, but it's heavy and dense. That's what I wanted though.

It sure is nice calling a company and having the owner answer the phone. My riser is glued up but there is an issue with them having to match the grip of my Morrison and the fact that it’s a lefty kind of throws them for a loop with their typical CNC cutting.

No problem, its to be expected.

I’m looking forward to seeing it as it’s going to look like a wood laminated riser but it has a block of that G 10 as a stiffener buried inside of it.
make sure you post some pics when it's done!

Steadman, that's a sweet riser, a G10 riser would be awesome on my Coyote. my Coyote is a very light bow in the hand, but it's an easy bow to shoot well.... i think a G10 riser would be tough to beat for my taste. i have a little bit of a "new bow" itch, but i'm staying disciplined and waiting until bow season to decide on a bow... i want some longbow limbs for my coyote, and if i go that route, i'll probably get a whole bow with the G10 riser, so i can mix and match.

currently i'm torn between another stalker and a 1pc backwoods composites.

i really like my stalker, South has bow building dialed... nice draw, quiet, quick, excellent looking, and shoots well. i love my Blacktail as well, but i find myself shooting the stalker more.... it's a great bow. a little more mass weight in the riser would make it hard to shoot any other bow.

i go back and forth, my Blacktail is heavier, and i like that, and wonder how much it actually matters, just due to the nature of the weapon. i shoot out to 45yds often, but i won't be shooting outside 30yds on any shots with consequences..... i do think the weight would make it a little more stable, and if nothing else, it would add confidence to my shooting, which of course is a BIG part of the equation

What’s up with South hunting with a bow with a widow style riser? Anyone know anything?

just watched his 2 latest videos and both he’s hunting with that bow

Thanks Rob! News to me, but I’m very interested. It’s a good looking bow, and I do think there is something to that design.
I stay pretty far out of the loop I guess, haha... a couple hunting forums is the extent of my social media, I’m the last to know a lot of things...