Newfoundland Flights

tdot

WKR

this is not the 1st reference I have seen regarding taking handguns into Canada. 4" or longer barrel is needed.

I've heard of a couple American's getting their handguns into Canada. But I've heard of alot more having them confiscated at the border. There may be some border guards who have a looser interpretation of the rules, but most of them will take your handguns. You'd probably be well advised to obtain an interpretation in writing from the Canadian side before you come across.

Just don't bring your handgun with you. While we here in America might not understand their logic, it is their law and we are guests entering their country. I have found that it is easier to just follow along and not try to bend the rules. There is no reason for you to even have a handgun on you when you're there anyways. As soon as you land you are whisked away to camp.

Just don't bring your handgun with you. While we here in America might not understand their logic, it is their law and we are guests entering their country. I have found that it is easier to just follow along and not try to bend the rules.

It's NOT bending the rules !! Read the paperwork. It's clear as day. They want your C$25. and it's within the guidelines on the paperwork!

Here's another aside story. I landed in Toronto, 1 day early. Because of the NL flight schedule is limited. I stayed in Toronto overnight. I told Canadian customs I am staying in Toronto overnight at a hotel within 10km of the airport. They said no problem. I am free to travel anywhere in Canada with my rifle.

So here I am, public transportation, tram, taxi's, walking through the streets of a big major city with my hunting rifle. Just follow the laws, and your fine.

tracker12

WKR
Lot of hassle both ways for me this year. I would not book a flight unless I had at least 4 hour layover both ways. We missed our connecting flight on the way up and just made it on my return. I had no issues with US customs in Toranto. Can’t say the same for Canadian

Last edited:

tracker12

WKR
One thing to add is make sure you have a trigger lock. Canadian do require it. Going up they asked for it coming back no. Go figure

I had the opposite experience. Canadian customs was a breeze. I was ready with the paperwork, and C$25. US customs … is pathetic..