Newfoundland Moose 2022

JGRaider

I had a hunt booked in 2020 with Mountain Top Outfitters that obviously got canceled. I told him I couldn't go in 2021 and he refunded 100% of my money. Now I've still got the itch to go, so am needing rec's on good outfitter up there, as there a quite a few of them.

I'm wanting to do a fly in hunt, and I've reached out to Red Indian Lake Outfitters, Westwood (no openings for 2 years), Spruce Pond (full for 2022), Grand Lake Adventures, and Red Indian Lake but am definitely open to recs from members here with experience. I was told recently that I got lucky cancelling my hunt with Mountain Top because they suck. Not sure if this is a rare occurance or maybe they really do suck.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph2186

I had a great trophy fly in hunt with Effords last year. He did everything promised, and guides in my camp were great. Id certainly do it again

PorterNY

I had a great fly in hunt with Ironbound outfitters , check out their website and decide for yourself they have like 7 different camps I think

Tim Pierce

I went with A1 Hunts Twin Lakes. They operate 2 lodges. 1 near North Twin Lake, the other 18km down a dirt road at South Twin Lake. My hunt was at North Twin and was conducted in the cut-overs accessible by dirt roads. I got my moose on the first day, then hunted bear. We had 5 hunters in camp and 4 got a moose. The 5th guy had opportunities and passed.
I'm booked with them again for 2023, but will stay at the more remote lodge, and we boat 9km down the lake to their remote spike cabin. I'm hoping to get a big bull.
The experience was very good. Accommodations were great and the food was outstanding. Guides were very good, and the meat was very well cared for. I can't wait to hunt with them again!
Edit to add that their success rate this year was 96%.

Paradox

Yes, Mountain Top fly in camp SUCKS!
unless you like leftovers for supper, lake water as your only water source, enjoy walking all day because they can’t bother to register their Argo trails, etc, etc
pm me if you want more reasons not to book with Art.

Paradox

I booked a hunt with
Dean Crocker
Deep Country Lodge
for 2023, he’s all full for 22.
local guy i met went with him last year and tagged a 50 inch moose!

Attachments

• C7C75D3E-563F-4257-869B-361CBDCD8284.jpeg
    C7C75D3E-563F-4257-869B-361CBDCD8284.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 18

vtmooser

Book your hunt for the first 3 weeks of the season ,as the outfitters are fully booked and over hunted. Had a fly in hunt in last week of october and two of us shot bulls in the 40"s- 6pts . All hunters before
us tag out with 50 inchers and over 14 pts. two groups after got skunked. A $8500 hunt.