Newfoundland Moose 2022

JGRaider

WKR
I had a hunt booked in 2020 with Mountain Top Outfitters that obviously got canceled. I told him I couldn't go in 2021 and he refunded 100% of my money. Now I've still got the itch to go, so am needing rec's on good outfitter up there, as there a quite a few of them.

I'm wanting to do a fly in hunt, and I've reached out to Red Indian Lake Outfitters, Westwood (no openings for 2 years), Spruce Pond (full for 2022), Grand Lake Adventures, and Red Indian Lake but am definitely open to recs from members here with experience. I was told recently that I got lucky cancelling my hunt with Mountain Top because they suck. Not sure if this is a rare occurance or maybe they really do suck.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
I had a great trophy fly in hunt with Effords last year. He did everything promised, and guides in my camp were great. Id certainly do it again

PorterNY

Lil-Rokslider
I had a great fly in hunt with Ironbound outfitters , check out their website and decide for yourself they have like 7 different camps I think

I went with A1 Hunts Twin Lakes. They operate 2 lodges. 1 near North Twin Lake, the other 18km down a dirt road at South Twin Lake. My hunt was at North Twin and was conducted in the cut-overs accessible by dirt roads. I got my moose on the first day, then hunted bear. We had 5 hunters in camp and 4 got a moose. The 5th guy had opportunities and passed.
I'm booked with them again for 2023, but will stay at the more remote lodge, and we boat 9km down the lake to their remote spike cabin. I'm hoping to get a big bull.
The experience was very good. Accommodations were great and the food was outstanding. Guides were very good, and the meat was very well cared for. I can't wait to hunt with them again!
Edit to add that their success rate this year was 96%.

Paradox

FNG
Yes, Mountain Top fly in camp SUCKS!
unless you like leftovers for supper, lake water as your only water source, enjoy walking all day because they can’t bother to register their Argo trails, etc, etc
pm me if you want more reasons not to book with Art.

Paradox

FNG
I booked a hunt with
Dean Crocker
Deep Country Lodge
for 2023, he’s all full for 22.
local guy i met went with him last year and tagged a 50 inch moose!

Attachments

• C7C75D3E-563F-4257-869B-361CBDCD8284.jpeg
    C7C75D3E-563F-4257-869B-361CBDCD8284.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 48

vtmooser

FNG
Book your hunt for the first 3 weeks of the season ,as the outfitters are fully booked and over hunted. Had a fly in hunt in last week of october and two of us shot bulls in the 40"s- 6pts . All hunters before
us tag out with 50 inchers and over 14 pts. two groups after got skunked. A $8500 hunt.

Ward

FNG
I had a hunt booked in 2020 with Mountain Top Outfitters that obviously got canceled. I told him I couldn't go in 2021 and he refunded 100% of my money. Now I've still got the itch to go, so am needing rec's on good outfitter up there, as there a quite a few of them.

I'm wanting to do a fly in hunt, and I've reached out to Red Indian Lake Outfitters, Westwood (no openings for 2 years), Spruce Pond (full for 2022), Grand Lake Adventures, and Red Indian Lake but am definitely open to recs from members here with experience. I was told recently that I got lucky cancelling my hunt with Mountain Top because they suck. Not sure if this is a rare occurance or maybe they really do suck.

Thanks in advance.
My son and I just finished a moose hunt with Shane Muslim and Next Ridge Outfitters. Don’t know if he has any openings in 2024 but we flew in by helicopter, landed at our camp as a 2x1 hunt and both shot a moose. I used a bow and my son a rifle. Roger our guide was excellent in every way. Worked super hard for us. Hike up to 12 miles three of our days and 6 to 7 miles two other days. We lost a day to weather, which you should expect. He outfits 42 people a year and has a high success rate. Over 90%. Four other hunters went to another camp at the same time and one hunter used a bow and achieved a 45 inch moose. The other three used guns and I think they all got their moose. Our two were in the 35 inch range for my bow kill and my sons was about 40. Food was really good and plentiful. The camp had cabins that we were in and they improve it every year. One really nice thing was a hot shower was available. You might think that’s not a big deal but it is cold and wet in Newfoundland and by the end of the day your pretty grimy. I’m used to know shower but I wouldn’t turn this down. Next ridge is first class and the helicopter ride was pretty cool too.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
We had a good experience with Portland Creek in 2021 after getting postponed from 2020. 4 of 4 guys killed with rifle and 2 of 3 with bow. 3rd guy lost one with bow. Only complaint was several of the bulls were smaller but we lost 2 days of hunting fogged in before we could fly in and werent being too picky. Nice camps. Hot showers. Good hosts.

Paradox

FNG
Just wrapping up my hunt with Deep Country Lodge. Outstanding outfit!
our camp went 4 for 4. One was a HUGE 22 point monster not sore how wide but big!
I got a really nice 14 point about 45 wide. Other hunters shot smaller bulls by choice.
their fly in camp primarily for caribou but they’ll get you into the back country by Argo or 4x4
probably rebook for 2 years down the road.

Ward

FNG

Thanks in advance.
I just had a great hunt with my son using Next Ridge Outfitters in Newfoundland. Very well organized, good equipment, the helicopter ride in was first class, our guide was Rodger and he worked his buns off to satisfy us. Food was great and we both got a nice Moose. I shot m8ne with a bow and my sone shot a bigger one with rifle. Weather sucked but the guide did the best with what we had. I’ll go back.