Newfoundland Moose Hunt with Gander River Outfitters

OP
B
Its funny...every other NL outfitter I talked to at the show had only negative things to say about Gander River. I booked a moose/caribou combo for 2022 with another outfitter in NL today

KINGSNAKE

WKR
We hunted the first week of October 2019 on a fly in hunt. Our group went 4 for 4 in two days. I'm not gonna say we saw a ton of moose but we saw enough moose. I wasnt looking for a big bull. I just wanted a good experience and success. I have done exactly two fully guided hunts in the past decade. My first was an elk hunt in Wyoming with a guide I didn't vet well enough. I killed a bull on that hunt but the experience was not great. So this time around I used a hunting consultant to help with the process. Over all I was more than pleased with our NL moose hunt. I learned a few things that I will take with me on future trips. The reason we chose NL over a diy Alaska moose hunt was success rates. I have done enough DIY trips I wanted to get a moose hunt under my belt before I head to AK to shoot a giant bull. Or a least a big bodied beast. Even though your trip was mostly negative I hope you can use it as knowledge for the future.