Newfoundland Moose Hunt

Jhunt358

FNG
I’ve been doing my research looking for a guided hunt for moose in Newfoundland and finally found an outfitter that fits my needs. I still am looking for reviews though on the outfitter and if people would recommend them. The name of the outfitter is Besaw’s Log Cabin Outfitters. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Dries

WKR
I went a few years ago with Next Ridge Outfitters. They were awesome!! I went 2 others, a friend and my father. Pm me if you have any questions, I would strongly Recommend them. They helicopter you in to camp and you walk from camp everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAND318

FNG
Went last year with ironbound outfitters. Went 4 for 4 on moose and saw lot of caribou. Would definitely recommend them! Same as above we were helicoptered to camp and on foot from there. Helicopter picked meat up from the kill site

rlmmarine

WKR
Went last year with ironbound outfitters. Went 4 for 4 on moose and saw lot of caribou. Would definitely recommend them! Same as above we were helicoptered to camp and on foot from there. Helicopter picked meat up from the kill site
I went with them aswell and we went 4x4 their were a few screw ups along the way but id give them a thumbs up

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
I went up there for archery moose hunt a few years ago. From what I learned, a lot of the non-rut moose hunting is just driving around clear cuts and bogs until you find something in the open.

If it is rut, most just go to a bog or clearing, throw an electronic caller out, and wait for something to respond. If nothing responds in 30 min, they pack up and move to another clearing to do some thing.

PA Hunter

WKR
Only hunt the rut, don’t let any outfitter just pick a leftover week they need to fill for you. They will all tell you every week is a good week. Can’t blame them it’s a business.

DAND318

FNG
We went just after the rut was full swing. Bulls were still locked in with cows. I think the meat is great! Just like everything it’s all in how you cook it.

Koon

FNG
Jhunt, did you ever het references on Besaw's Log Cabin Outfitter? I'm in a similar situation, trying to gather info for some first timers

meat from moose in rut is just fine. however, it is not for caribou. I went with Parsons Pond in 1993. They are still in business but im not sure what their reputation is. I remember talking with Roger a few years ago...couldn't believe he was still alive yet much less running the business. those NL are tougher than nails.

My older Cow didn't taste so good. Definitely a trophy size cow. But the meat was not tender... 8 days of hunting, and finally got a cow.