Newfoundland Moose Outfitters

I hunted a fly in helicopter hunt at Jason lake in southern Newfoundland with Ironbound outfitters on October 24th…. Took a nice 15 point 40” bull on day 3..
I have not hunted drive in camp yet, but friends of mine have…. If you can afford the fly in style, that it was I would recommend
Did they fly you out immediately after your harvest ? Or you had to sit there all week until the final day ??

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
Extraction after the kill is a worthwhile conversation to have with your outfitter in a remote camp situation. I drove to Peter Strides (float plane/Helo "airport") so I could transport my meat, cape & antlers. Remote camp may leave meat and cape in peril depending on weather with no onsite cooler. My experience was we left the quarters in game bags at the kill site for p/u with the Helo on the way out. I got lucky with only one day of waiting as another guy in another of the outfitter's camps killed the same day. The other guy in our camp wasn't so lucky. He killed, the temps warmed up, and he lost his cape and some of his meat waiting three days for extraction. Always good to understand these logistics well ahead of time!

Tjwjr89

FNG
I hunted with Effords a couple years ago and have nothing but good things to say about them. Guides were great, camp cook was awesome, and we went 4 for 4 on good bulls.

gunrush128

Lil-Rokslider
I have a slot for 2 with Effords this September. Unfortunately, I’m not going to be able to go this year. If anyone is interested, message me or see my add in the classifieds. I figured I’d offer it up here before we reschedule for 2025.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro