Newfoundland Moose Rubber Boot Recommendation

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Guys,

I've got a Newfoundland Moose Hunt coming up in 2.5 months and was hoping someone could recommend a good moose marsh rubber boot? Two issues to consider with my feet. I wear a wide and I have high arches. The Lacrosse boots I've tried fit so dang snug to my ankle and top of my foot that they cut the circulation off and are really uncomfortable. This is a bummer because Lacrosse seems to make a lot of the rubber boots out there. Hoping to find something not so loose that I get blisters, but not so snug that I loose circulation. The outfitter said we would walk up to two miles a day which isn't terrible - but still.

Thanks in advance for your input!

I have no experience with that particular use but I recommend a pair of Muck Wetlands with an aftermarket insole of your choice. I regularly wear my Mucks walking all day and use a heat moldable insole in them.

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
In Newfoundland 2 miles can feel like 6. Maybe try lacrosse aeroheads mine seem to have a bunch of extra space in the toe box and Ialso have high arches have green superfeet in mine. Good luck on your hunt

Dries

WKR
Just thinking outside the box have you thought of wearing a great waterproof leather or Synthetic with a gaiter? On my Moose hunt in NewFoundland myself, my Father and our friend wore Meindl and gaiters and had dry and comfy feet the whole time. It is wet and you will be walking in some wet stuff for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to my local farm store and tried on I bet 8 or so varieties of rubber/neoprene boot. I have a size 15 wide and the top bony part of my foot on the big toe side halfway to the ankle is sensitive to pressure.

Found a pair of mucks in a heavily insulated version that felt great and are still great 2 years later.

I’m in roughly the same situation. I have Muck boots I think I might use, however the friend I’m going up for the hunting trip with swears by the gaiters with his waterproof leather boots! Good luck on your hunt btw!

Check out DryShod too. I have worn those and LaCrosse AlphaBurly and liked them both over the Mucks