Newfoundland question thread

OP
I

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome! I know it's quite a ways off, but good luck to both of you guys, and please update this thread with info that someone may not think of. The flying part has me a little worried, but driving just wasn't feasible.

Trial153

WKR
I've been considering taking the over night ferry on the 27 instead of the 28 just as a security measure in case there's a weather delay
We fly into camp on Sunday. However our outfitter has in the past flown us in on Saturday if the weather was good and all four hunters had already arrived.
The ferry does get held up with bad weather from time to time so it doent hurt to have a little bit of leeway.
The ferry is really good about changing your reservations as well just something to keep in mind if your early or running late.

KINGSNAKE

WKR
We are flying up to hunt with Bob Oct 4th through 11th 2019. We may fly commercial or private. It depends. One of the guys going may be buying a bigger plane and if he does he will want to fly it up there. So my question is on customs. If we fly private where do we check our rifles with customs? If we fly commercial where do do the customs check? If this is a hijack post let me know and I will move it.

I'm doing opening week. 2019. Never did a Moose hunt before, so I'm taking the 1st cow or spike that comes within 200 yards :) and it's getting mounted !

Tjwjr89

FNG
Met up with Bob Efford at the GAOS in Harrisburg PA last week. Looks like I'm booked to hunt September 27th to October 4th. Be taking the overnight ferry the night of the 25th. About a 20 hour drive from North Central PA to the ferry.

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be with Westwoods Outfitters from 10/6 - 10/11. Hoping to finally scratch a moose off the list. I ate tag soup with another outfitter two years ago, only saw a cow with a calf on the first day, no bull (or moose in general) after that except for from the plane on the flight out.