Newfoundland vs Alaska Caribou

I'm doing Newfoundland for Caribou. How does it compare to Alaska ? Not about the money, but the size of the animal, and type of hunt. 60 yo and can't imagine doing any hunt without a full guide.

buzzy

WKR
Two different animals between the Woodland and Barren Ground. The Woodland are more white and antlers a beautiful teak/mahogany color. Antlers are also more compact in size. Body wise not so sure but believe the Woodland is a little smaller.

the tundra and bogs in Newfoundland is freaking tuff. Love the rock and got a nice Woodland a few years back. Hope to do it again. Prices are ridiculously high as the number of animals have declined drastically but are coming back in some area’s.

mooster

WKR
I found the NF tundra to be stupid easy compared to the tundra in NW AK. The logistics of a NF trip also similarly EZ vs an AK trip, but the AK more rewarding in its challenge and gifts.

OP
Short Track
I had a NL caribou tag last year, hunted 10 days and didn't see a single one in my zone! Ouch
The outfitter certainly made it sound like there are herds of Caribou everywhere in his zone. We start glassing the county side on sun rise. There was only 1 Caribou on the entire hill side. So we slowly got within range. and now there are none.