Next ultra light rifle options?

Seekins Havak Element. Mine came in at 5lbs 4oz in a 6.5prc. It shoots stupid good groups, has a good feeling stock, light, adjustable trigger, and is threaded 5/8x24 already. I run an ultra 7 and 5 on it. Can’t say enough good things about mine.

Bloodsoakedberber

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll go back and read everything after the second post but if you’re already planning on spending 3,500 then call Melvin Forbes.

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't start this planning on dropping $3k+ on a custom but honestly now that fieldcrafts are locked in a well likely to never see the light of day by Barrett again and any secondary market examples are going for custom gun money it seems to have made the decision for me.

The savage ultralight was my attempt to save $1k+ but I'm not a fan of their triggers or actions, but maybe that will change if I had more time with them.

looks like I might just start buying pieces to make a custom little by little. That'll make it more palatable to get the bills too lol.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
In my experience, it won't. A Savage was good before the other DIY options came along. I like mine for a general purpose long range rifle. It's ~13-14lbs with scope and accurate as heck. I also have less than 1500 in the rifle with scope. For me, I decided the trigger and action were okay for what I wanted to do. It is annoying when shooting F-Class strings to reset every shot because the rifle moved off target. Today, I'd try to find a pawn shop R700 or Tikka to build off of.
e8113b0bc7f4b6fba5e493587610565f.jpg
4a6ef278944a64852a142c1149bdf914.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
is that even available anymore (outside covid bottlenecks)? I thought I read it was discontinued circa 2019? Secondary market would be a possibility though I guess.
Why not a Kimber Adirondack? Fits the bill does it not?

BjornF16

WKR
is that even available anymore (outside covid bottlenecks)? I thought I read it was discontinued circa 2019? Secondary market would be a possibility though I guess.

Unicorn...can't find a Kimber Adirondack anywhere online for sale.

If you can find a used one for sale, it would certainly work...

On the other hand, the Havak Element is available currently at online vendors.

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Unicorn...can't find a Kimber Adirondack anywhere online for sale.

If you can find a used one for sale, it would certainly work...

On the other hand, the Havak Element is available currently at online vendors.
checks the boxes for sure but being a bit shallow on a $2k+ purchase its "ugly as sin" to quote another member lol. Weighing if that matters enough to me or not though

BjornF16

WKR
There is a Kimber Hunter Pro listed in the Classifieds here on Rokslide…6.5CM for $900

That would be a great lightweight gun, 22” barrel, 5.5 lbs-ish

Flyrodr

FNG
Anyone know, or could someone please measure, the overall length of the Seekins Element with the 21" barrel (e.g., 6.5CM). Trying to figure out if it'll fit in my existing Pelican case, and can't find that measurement on-line.

Thanks!