NF ATACR- 7-35 vs 5-25- Hunting

andrew j

FNG
I’ve read every review I can find between the 2 scopes. Figured I’d ask on here as well as I know many own both

Comparing the F1 scopes. FFP

I own the 4-16 already. I know I’d need illuminated reticle to shoot in low light with either the 5-25 or 7-35

1) I’m wondering if either provides better low light performance? When set on their lowest magnification 5X and 7X will the 5-25 be noticeably brighter on 5? I’ve read the 5-25 tunnels on the low end and thinking that may make a difference

2) With both scopes set on 7X are the reticles the same size? Or is the 7X the same as the 5-25 on 5X

This is going on an AXMC. Will be chambered in 300 PRC but will be used for other calibers in future as well. It’s used for crop damage (deer population control). Shots are taken from prone positions in open fields. 40-120 acres. Shooting until 1/2 hour after sunset. Only shooting does so IDing the deer is just as important as shooting. Shots 100-800 typically

I don’t have either or I’d set them side by side at low light and compare myself. For comparison let’s assume both are same reticle etc

Thank you

huntnful

WKR
They're both going to give you enough brightness past legal shooting light for sure. If you shoot long range a lot, get the higher magnification (even though 25x is still plenty). If you don't shoot 1000+ all the time, get the 5-25. I have the 7-35 and constantly run it up to 30-35 power for target shooting and seeing hits on paper or steel. You wont be disappointed either way. But mostly importantly, called Doug ^ at camera land and talk about pricing!