NF NX8 vs Vortex LHT vs Swarovski Z8i

Hi guys I’m looking for input on which glass to top my latest custom with. The rifle will be my main gun and will be used from the aspens to the mountain tops. I have a healthy budget for it so cost isn’t the greatest concern functionality is.

The NX8 in question is the 4-32x50, the LHT is the 3-15x42, and the Z8i is the 3.5-28x50 with the BTF turret.

Thanks for all the help!

-Mad

tdhanses

WKR
My vote is the NF NX8, love mine, I have the 2.5-20 and it’s the perfect scope for my style and can’t beat that NF reliability, I wouldn’t trust the vortex but again just my experience after owning a few products from both companies.

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
My experience has been the 2.5-20 has an edge over the 4-32 in eye box forgiveness. Short scope with high power factor makes for some tight, less forgiving specs (not the most articulate, sorry). Get some time behind a MK5 3.6-18, you'd do yourself a disservice not looking hard at them.

But ultimately you need to find a reticle that speaks to you.

Bater

WKR
I have a 4-32 NX8 and a handful of LHTs. The 4-32 is on my long range 28N and it excels for that purpose where the LHTs are just about perfect all arounders. If I had to choose one for all of my hunts I honestly would go with the LHT.

Plus that’ll save you over 1k so you can backorder components and then receive them in 2024

I have a Z8i 2-16x50 on my 6.5CM. If you're using it on a similar chambering, the turret will go to ~925 yds or so. (7 mils) It's stupidly bright.

Hogkane

Lil-Rokslider
I love my nx8 4-32 but it comes down to weight. If ounces are a concern, I would take a good look at a VX6. IMO they are the best option for a light weight mountain rifle.

HuntnPack

WKR
My vote is for an NX8. I have the 2.5-20 f2
Perfect scope for my use.
Rugged, Reliable, Great glass, precise turrets !! Simple uncluttered reticle,
Easy to use controls. Great value.

LightFoot

WKR
Vortex is good but not even in the same league as the Swaro and NF.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Bater

WKR
I love my nx8 4-32 but it comes down to weight. If ounces are a concern, I would take a good look at a VX6. IMO they are the best option for a light weight mountain rifle.
If wanting to save weight over the NX8 go LHT....it’s like a Leupold that tracks

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi guys I’m looking for input on which glass to top my latest custom with. The rifle will be my main gun and will be used from the aspens to the mountain tops. I have a healthy budget for it so cost isn’t the greatest concern functionality is.

The NX8 in question is the 4-32x50, the LHT is the 3-15x42, and the Z8i is the 3.5-28x50 with the BTF turret.

Thanks for all the help!

-Mad
Thanks for looking at our optics! If you have any questions on the LHT, don't hesitate to reach out!

flatfoot

FNG
I have the z8i in 1.7-13.3. I briefly owned the LHT and have no experience with the NX8. The Z8i is a cut above. It’s very configurable and the glass is top notch. On the downside the reticles are a little limited And it’s a good bit more expensive. There is a new Minox LR that is basically a baby Zp5 under $2k you may want to look at as well.

I love my 4-20 nx-8 f1 but I would trade it in a second for an f2 considering I only hunt with it. Tracking is perfect and weight is very good