NF NXS or NX8 or ATACR for mountain rifle

dmossu

Lil-Rokslider
Any more updates on this? Looking to get SFP NX8 4-32, ARACR 4-16 (or 5-25), or NXS 5.5-22

Is the NX8 that much better than NXS? Is the ATACR that much better than both?

Hogkane

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a Kimber MA in 280 AI that I’m looking to re-scope. Current setup is 6.5 lbs.

I don’t want to have scope fail in mountains, so looking for reliable and rugged scope. I currently have Swarovski Z5 on it but am looking primarily at NF.

I have an NXS 3.5-15x56 but that is too bulky of a scope. But I like the glass.

I’m currently considering:
NXS 2.5-10x42 MOAR (SFP). Lightest of the bunch.
NX8 2.5-20x50 (FFP)
ATACR 4-16x42 (FFP)

I have never fondled the NX8 or ATACR.

I’m also considering the March compact 2.5-25x42 if I can find a good deal on one. (I can get NF Mil/LE discounts).

I prefer FFP and ability to adjust parallax.

I’d consider the SWFA SS if their 3-15 was HD (I have their 5-25x50 HD SS).

Appreciate inputs from those with NF and March experience on mountain rifles.
NX8 you'll be happy. I was on the same fence and am really happy with the nx8

The NX8 is by far the best option for a lightweight mountain rifle. It is much lighter and more compact than the other scopes, it's first focal plane so your wind holds will remain consistent, the wind-age turret is capped, and the magnification range covers absolutely every scenario you could run into on a mountain hunting situation!
It’s not lighter than the nxs 2.5-10.....

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
I have an NX8 2.5-20 on a CA Traverse 308. About 150 rounds through it. No problems dialing from 100— 500 yards, in between and back down. Debating getting another for my 300 win mag

My sheep rifle wears an NXS 2.5-10 and that’s the absolute heaviest I’d like a scope to be to classify as a mountain rifle for my use. I’ve shot it out to 755 yds and I don’t feel crippled by the magnification in the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glass good in low light ?

dmossu

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks I appreciate the response!! Did you go ffp or SFP? I have always had SFP scopes but leaning towards a ffp
I went with the SFP. I debated it, but I plan on using it for hunting and didn't want to ever run into not being able to see the reticle - now that I have been using it, I am glad I went with the SFP

I went with the SFP. I debated it, but I plan on using it for hunting and didn't want to ever run into not being able to see the reticle - now that I have been using it, I am glad I went with the SFP
Thanks I appreciate the info!! I am definitely new to long range hunting and shooting.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Recently switched to a NX8 2.5-20x50 SFP.
Mounted on a 5.5# Seekins Element.
mounted in .870 rings on integral rail.
Sits relatively low. Keeping the weight centered. Balances well. Really like it.
Features & Durability.
Are you still liking it for a mountain rifle?

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Mountain rifle optic update:

Love the NX8 2.5-20x50 F1...but heavy. Don't really need the magnification above x16.

Still like the Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42 F2...but wish it were F1.

Recently bought Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 F1...I'm liking it more and more even without parallax adjustment. At low power, reticle really small. This is my only gripe.

Recently bought lightly used SWFA 3-15x42 Mil Quad...I actually like the scope, turrets and all. (Ok, I wish the turrets were smaller). I have a SWFA HD 3-9 on back order.

Also have a Bushnell LRHS 3-12 enroute...we'll see. In paper, might be the best of the bunch. Not sure why they were discontinued.

I'm hoping @Formidilosus will do his drop exercises with a Trijicon Credo of some flavor.