NFAA Marked 3D Nationals in Redding, CA.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any Roksliders going to Redding to shoot this coming week? Anyone shooting in the money events if you are going?

I will and some point I will be sporting my Rokslide gear to show support....

shaun

WKR
I got the go ahead from the wife and am pre registered it is work dependent right now Pge had a substation get shot up and dropped 96000 gal of oil so I have crews working around the clock right now and it might shoot my plans down this weekend

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
We should set up a time for roksliders that go to meet up. That way we can put faces to names.

2rocky

WKR
Hey guys, Rosin kicked some butt. First Team in money shoot and 3rd individual in BHFS money. He'll be all "Awww shucks..." but he had a damn good shoot from my perspective.

OR Archer

WKR
I saw his scores. Damn impressive shooting. His score was right up there with a lot of top pros in the freestyle category. Nice job!

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks gents...Nick I would have smiled also if it would have stayed there. I certainly succumbed to some of the Sunday afternoon pressure at Redding. But everyone has targets they should have shot better and everyone has targets they hit and probably didn't make their best shot. I think both guys who finished ahead of me shot better than I did and their score reflected that.

JasonWi

WKR
Doug it was a pleasure to meet and visit with you.

When you mentioned pressure getting to a person...it made me smile. I was the last person in our group to shoot bigfoot and we had about 5 groups backed up and a group of the pros were directly behind us all watching us shoot. Needless to say I used a few letdowns and still shot a 21! It was more pressure than I've ever shot with before.

No worries Doug, you shot great! I'd be curious to hear about your pin set up, seeing that you were in the BHFS class... We did a Redding Warm up the week before the actual Redding shoot and I couldn't get used to using a 5 pin for longer than 60-70 yard shots, so I just shot in the FS class, did well, but it's hard to hang with those guys just using a bowhunting rig.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nick, I shot a 20, 30, 40, 50 & 60 yard pins. I stack those pins for everything longer.

So 101 was 60 to 50 then a full stack. I was about a foot below the top of the back stop. Stacking pins is where I lose the most points. I try to get thru tournaments with no 8's or 20's. I had three 20's and one 8, that makes me have to shoot a lot of 22's in a row to make up those points.

I have my target bow set up for FS now and I don't know if I like it. I do like holding dead on at the longer distances though. I shot my 90 yard mark in for my tape and it was nice pounding the dot without stacking pins.