NG from IL

Eyeman_1

FNG
First I apologize in advance.... being from IL... insert joke here....

I've been reading and snooping around here for awhile and decided it was time to just join. Being from IL I've been mostly a midwestern deer, turkey and waterfowl hunter. I haven't hunted out west since my dad took me while in high school in the 80's, but after visiting friends in MT the last four years, I have that desire to go back and hunt. In fact, I'm looking seriously at a 2021 or 22 combo elk / deer or antelope hunt in unit 700-20.

I'd appreciate any info or insight all of you experienced guys might be willing to share? Is this a reasonable idea for place to start, would I be better served looking into different areas around the state etc,, Looking at a few different outfitters or trying it on my own. I really fell in love with that area this past summer when we all ran up to Ft. Peck and fished for several days. My friends live just west southwest of the Bozeman area and love that country over there as well... although, I've been all over the state the last few summers and I have yet to see a part of the state that isn't beautiful and captivating in it's own way.

Fowler530

WKR
Welcome to Rokslide, lots of great information and experience to draw from. Glad to have you here! 🤙

OP
Eyeman_1

Eyeman_1

FNG
I'm in Naperville... I hunt downstate for deer and waterfowl up here.

MP43

FNG
I'm in St Charles. IL is truly the pits for most outdoor pursuits. We're just sticking around for the low taxes and responsible government :)