Nice Bull

Went in for another solo attempt, luckily this time with a little different outcome.
Got to the trailhead a little late so headed in a little late. I like to get out and try to run the sled past the where other tracks stop. So ended up about 8 miles and turn around to see a group behind me on a ridge I’d just left. So turned around and raced back. Went a little up the hill, then hopped off the sled. Left it running, just in case it spooked them to change, and climbed about 70 yards up the hill. Caribou didn’t know I was here.
So ‘stalked’ to 250 and started crawling in the 8” of snow. Noticed a couple on the back edge staring at me so I stopped and ranged again- 210 - and got my crosshairs looking for the big bull I’d seen. He was fantastic, and it was so cool to see the caribou interact as I laid there for 10 minutes waiting for him to be completely clear.
One shot, figured he was dead but he walked about 10 yards so I put a second one in and watched the rest run. No reason to risk a bad shot on my second tag. Watch as he falls and slightly moves for a couple minutes. Back to the sled and put my hands on him. He was beautiful and I decided to process him out and cape him, which I had never done.
Used my awesome Cross Knife Hunter and my Double Broomed Mountain Rifle 280AI.
First time 100% solo and it was a great experience.