Night force shv 3-10

Has anyone used this scope ? I see that it has a fixed parallax at 125 m.... I want to put it on a proof elevation rifle that I will use for hunting and shoot out to 500 yards with it ... how do you guys like the scope and would it work for this application ?

I like the nightforce scopes, but the SHV didn't impress me. The glass is similar to my Vortex Vipers, but at double the price. You might consider stepping to the NX8 or NXS if you are sticking with Nightforce.

OP
Joshuajosh
I like the nightforce scopes, but the SHV didn't impress me. The glass is similar to my Vortex Vipers, but at double the price. You might consider stepping to the NX8 or NXS if you are sticking with Nightforce.
I was at bass pro the other day .... and a small shop near me and the nx8 was damn nice ... the glass is great.... the nxs and shv glass looked the same to me tho that’s why I am considering this scope .... I don’t rly need exposed turrets

Haven't used this scope, but it would appear that you haven't read this posting from moderators.

OP
Joshuajosh
Haven't used this scope, but it would appear that you haven't read this posting from moderators.

I have not .... I joined a month ago and that post is from October of last year .... I checked it over now tho, thanks

gbflyer

WKR
Agonizing over the same thing myself. I’ve read most of the threads. I am concerned about mounting on a long action. I’m not too keen on setting up a tacticool pic rail for a sporting rifle. I have money on the next available Z3 3-10 4A at Cameraland NY. I can change my mind but so far I can’t come up with a better answer.

CoStick

WKR
Agonizing over the same thing myself. I’ve read most of the threads. I am concerned about mounting on a long action. I’m not too keen on setting up a tacticool pic rail for a sporting rifle. I have money on the next available Z3 3-10 4A at Cameraland NY. I can change my mind but so far I can’t come up with a better answer.
I mounted that same z3 and now the 3-10 SHV on a fieldcraft .270 in talley lows. Both fit fine with great eye relief. Only difference is the 1” vs 30mm

Bater

WKR
SHVs aren’t even close to the same league as a Viper. Though I rarely care about “glass”, the SHV is much much better than any Viper. What hasn’t been mentioned is the solid internals of the SHV. Vipers are a joke in comparison....

OP- the 3-10 SHV is a solid hunting scope and the set parallax won’t be an issue as far as you care to shoot.

Last edited: