Night ruck additional lighting:

*zap*

WKR
Just did a short night ruck and tried a new light. Headlamp is a must but if you set it to see a little bit ahead footing can be tricky and if you set it for footing seeing ahead may not be the best...tried the Milwaukee red lithium rover pocket flood light clipped onto my pack waist belt...set on low it was awesome. I will need to rig a way to clip it on horizontally but it worked real well. I use a few of the red lithium usb rechargeable personal lights and they are all great....anyway, it made things better for me.

Last edited:

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
when I trail run at night I use two lamps- one on my head and another on my waist- I find it really helps w/ depth perception; also lets me run my headlamps a little dimmer, which saves on battery life

Just did a short night ruck and tried a new light. Headlamp is a must but if you set it to see a little bit ahead footing can be tricky and if you set it for footing seeing ahead may not be the best...tried the Milwaukee red lithium rover pocket flood light clipped onto my pack waist belt...set on low it was awesome. I will need to rig a way to clip it on horizontally but it worked real well. I use a few of the red lithium usb rechargeable personal lights and they are all great....anyway, it made things better for me.

Talk to me about your red lights. What brand/model are you using?

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
I will say that I have used that light clipped on my waist belt coming out in the dark after hunting and it really makes a difference, especially in thicker areas.

I will say that I have used that light clipped on my waist belt coming out in the dark after hunting and it really makes a difference, especially in thicker areas.

Thanks. I am looking for a blinky red light for my pack for when I ruck after dark. Safety thing for roads. I have found plenty with watch batteries or what not but I am looking for a Rechargable.

terp91

FNG
Thanks. I am looking for a blinky red light for my pack for when I ruck after dark. Safety thing for roads. I have found plenty with watch batteries or what not but I am looking for a Rechargable.

Have you considered a bicycle tail light? Something like this may work since it has a clip on the back. They have other ones up to 350 lumens - I have the 50 lumen version on my bike. No issues in over a year of once or twice a week use including in light rain.

Have you considered a bicycle tail light? Something like this may work since it has a clip on the back. They have other ones up to 350 lumens - I have the 50 lumen version on my bike. No issues in over a year of once or twice a week use including in light rain.

I have. Thanks. I will probably go there but am still poking around.

Have one of these on order

$20. 20 hours in flash mode.