Night vision.

Deadfall

WKR
Evening yall, I bern out of the night time thing for a long while. No idea where to even start.
I'm looking for a night vision scope thatll get me out there atleast a couple hundred yards. Anyway have some knowledge they willin to share?

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
ATN PS28-2
Works in conjunction with your rifle scope. Id probably go this route for night and day hunting.

USMC-40

WKR
Weapons mounted or helmet mounted? For weapons mounted the ATN/Thor is good (I think I’m remembering the name correctly). For helmet mounted the PVS-14 style is pretty legit. If you want a really solid weapons mounted look at the UNS from KAC

If you’ve got the $ to burn, the IR-defense that’s now owned by Trijicon is the best thermal I’ve used. It’s amazing. I’ve got a friend that sells them. But they are expensive $5-8k. But incredible.

Samson7x

WKR
Are you looking for true NV scope or interested in thermal? I'd definitely consider thermal for hunting. Ideally, a 640 unit at the distance that you describe.

NGlass65D

FNG
There are lots of PVS-27s and PVS-30s out there in the $4-4.5k range. Not cheap, but it’s a clip on NV weapon sight which will work with your day optic up to 10x mag magnification, maybe a bit more. The PVS-30 is what is currently issued in the Army’s M-110 sniper rifle.

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
Thanks all for the information and direction. I'm researching. Lit of options

Ok there is a ton of stuff out there for folks to try. True NV, digital NV, thermal....

for the beginner or someone looking to get into night hunting, digital NV is a cheaper and effective way to get into the game with a decent scope that will get out 150-200 yards. The sightmark wraith is a fabulous day/night digital scope and what the ATN x sight was supposed to be. I would recommend the wraith as a good entry to NV shooting and it is perfectly capable for most all night hunting and day hunting.
Beyond that, it becomes a budget issue. A good thermal scope is going to run north of 4000 and a really good one north of 8000. True NV is expensive as well for anything quality to hunt with. Gen2 NV is just not very usable so most hunters will go for gen3 nv and that’s pricey as mentioned above.
What most find the most valuable piece of gear for night hinting is a thermal handheld coupled with a scope capable of night shooting, budget conscious folks go digital nv and those with less budgetary confinement go thermal scope. The handheld keeps you from holding your eye to the scope all night and being more comfortable looking through the thermal handheld.

I’ve found that most people start with night vision and then upgrade to thermal.

For a good entry level night vision check out the Sightmark Wraith. Steer clear of ATN.

For a reasonably priced thermal check out Pulsar’s Trail and their Thermion models.

I run a Pulsar Trail XQ38 with a quick detach mount. I scan with it and then when I find an animal to stalk I snap it on real quick and off I go. It’s much cheaper than having a dedicated spotter + scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
I’ve found that most people start with night vision and then upgrade to thermal.

For a good entry level night vision check out the Sightmark Wraith. Steer clear of ATN.

For a reasonably priced thermal check out Pulsar’s Trail and their Thermion models.

I run a Pulsar Trail XQ38 with a quick detach mount. I scan with it and then when I find an animal to stalk I snap it on real quick and off I go. It’s much cheaper than having a dedicated spotter + scope.

Thanks for information. The pulsar line is what I been looking over the hardest.

Smid

WKR

Have you ever had problems losing zero doing this?