Nightforce 3-10 shv for proof elevation

Has anyone used this scope ? I see that it has a fixed parallax at 125 m.... I want to put it on a proof elevation rifle that I will use for hunting and shoot out to 500 yards with it ... how do you guys like the scope and would it work for this application ?

Nice scope - should work fine for what your intended use will be. The only possible issue with the SHV is its a really short scope so depending on what mounts/rings/bases you plan to use it might be tough to get good eye relief. I built kind of a "faux Elevation" rifle but used a Defiance action and the NXS compact, I could just barely get it mounted far enough back using Talley rings - didn't want to go rail/rings since I like to keep things as low as possible.

OP
Joshuajosh
Nice scope - should work fine for what your intended use will be. The only possible issue with the SHV is its a really short scope so depending on what mounts/rings/bases you plan to use it might be tough to get good eye relief. I built kind of a "faux Elevation" rifle but used a Defiance action and the NXS compact, I could just barely get it mounted far enough back using Talley rings - didn't want to go rail/rings since I like to keep things as low as possible.
I have seekins lows and it has a rail .... I was wanting the nxs but I’m 18 and my budget is pretty tight .... I’m trying to limit myself to around 1k and I don’t “need” exposed turrets or ilum

deadwolf

WKR
I’ve had two of the SHV 3-10s, and I really liked that scope. You should also take a look at the Bushnell lrhs and SWFA 3-9 if that’s around where your budget is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoStick

WKR
I have seekins lows and it has a rail .... I was wanting the nxs but I’m 18 and my budget is pretty tight .... I’m trying to limit myself to around 1k and I don’t “need” exposed turrets or ilum
If you will be using the MOAR reticle in low light you will appreciate the illumination. 18 year old eyes might help though.

OP
Joshuajosh
I’ve had two of the SHV 3-10s, and I really liked that scope. You should also take a look at the Bushnell lrhs and SWFA 3-9 if that’s around where your budget is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which models do you have ?