Nightforce 4-16x42mm ATACR Field Evaluation Q&A

Valid point about the tactical market. Yet here we are on a hunting site and their scopes are the topic of discussion over and over and over again. Obviously there is significant hunter interest. I wish Nightforce would pay attention. There are two complaints that continually come up on NF threads, or when people say “I wish Nightforce would make…”. Or, “I would buy a Nightforce if”… Weight and busy reticle! That’s it!

Make a something 3-18 X 50, with a simple, clean and usable reticle, first and second focal plane options, and 22 ish ounces. You’d own the market! I’m convinced it could be done.
you are pretty much describing a 3-18x44 Tenmile

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
you are pretty much describing a 3-18x44 Tenmile
Besides the simple, clean, usable reticle, and 22ish ounce part :)

But to your point they are likely coming out with new reticles soonish, and to ask for 22ounces in a scope of this feature set is not very realistic

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Are you referring to Tijicon or Nightforce coming out with new reticles soonish?

What mil reticle did people end up buying for hunting, the MIL-r or MIL-c? I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread but I was curious for those who ended up purchasing this scope, which one did you go with and are you happy with it? Both look fine to me but the .5 wind hold on the R has me questioning it. Thanks!

What mil reticle did people end up buying for hunting, the MIL-r or MIL-c? I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread but I was curious for those who ended up purchasing this scope, which one did you go with and are you happy with it? Both look fine to me but the .5 wind hold on the R has me questioning it. Thanks!
Mine is the Mil-R. I find it much easier to see and use on lower power than the Mil C or XT.

Also, for hunting I think I prefer .5 mil increments over .2. It’s less counting of hashes, and cutting .5 in half on the fly has been pretty intuitive and easy for me with the Mil-R and MilQuad reticles

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
It’s less counting of hashes, and cutting .5 in half on the fly has been pretty intuitive and easy for me with the Mil-R and MilQuad reticles
this^

I had mil-C, and though it was just fine for me, I wouldnt hesitate to go mil R. Especially for hunting