Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 SFP Enhanced MOAR vs MOAR-T

I am looking to purchase a Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 SFP Enhanced. Any opinions on the MOAR vs the MOAR-T reticles?

According to Nightforce the MOAR-T reticle is 0.050 thick (ATACR 5-25x56 SFP Enhanced), while the standard MOAR is thicker at 0.100 (ATACR 5-25x56 SFP Enhanced)

It will be mounted on a 300 Win Mag and used primarily for hunting from short to long range (100 - 1000+ yards), however it will also be used for target shooting.

Which of these two reticles do you think will best serve my purposes (Best all-rounder)? Has anyone had experience with both?

Last edited:

Schism

WKR
To me the best all around, including hunting, is the MOAR reticle. It is easier to see in low light conditions and in situations where a quick shot may be required. For a long range target rig I prefer the MOAR-T.

RANGER3BN

FNG
We use the MOAR reticle in our NXS units for duty use. I think it's a great reticle but I would personally prefer the finer reticle of the MOAR-T however I don't understand the rationale behind the center only illumination. I would think complete reticle illumination would assist in more accurate rangefinding and holdover estimation for low-light situations. I suppose with the advancement of range finding capability most just paint their target and dial. Since you mentioned target shooting as well I would lean towards the MOAR-T.

Neverenoughhntn

Lil-Rokslider
^^^ This... I have MOAR-T in the ATACR, never desired a thicker reticle... plenty of times I've seen the advantages to having the thinner reticle

dah605

Lil-Rokslider
I have both in ATACR scopes, and I much prefer the MOAR-T reticle, particularly at longer ranges. The illuminated reticle can make up for lower light situations.

OP
H
I still don't know which reticle to go with. I do like the MOAR-T reticle, but I’m concerned it may be to thin to see in a dark or busy background, is the Digillum daylight visible? Is having only the center illumination on the T version anything to think about?

Beastmode

WKR
It all depends on preference. I run the MOAT-T on my rigs. My buddy who hunts in similar conditions runs the MOAR.

The T is harder to through up and shoot a quick shot with. The reticle is not easy to pickup quickly. I have found that part of my shot process for a quick shot is to turn on the illumination. It helps finding the reticle for me. The T really shines for precise long range shooting. If you get the T practice a lot on closer range quick shots, find a rock at 75 yards and pull up and shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk