Nightforce ATACR F1 Scope Videos

GLB

WKR
Nightforce is the first place I go for my scopes. However not a big fan of FFP. They are useful for ranging or shooting movers when you are not using full power, but haven't warmed up to them yet. I have had two FFP scopes and just didn't like the lost of reticle at the low end.

OP
Sam Millard
Nightforce is the first place I go for my scopes. However not a big fan of FFP. They are useful for ranging or shooting movers when you are not using full power, but haven't warmed up to them yet. I have had two FFP scopes and just didn't like the lost of reticle at the low end.

I'm sure if you followed some of the threads on FFP v. SFP here on Rokslide, I've always maintained you don't need FFP for LR hunting. Those shots will all be taken at max magnification anyway. However, I was surprised after using this 4-16 F1 by how far down the magnification range the reticle stays usable. I've had it in the field, and found I could use the MOAR reticle down to 6x. At 4x, I can't make out the stadia. At max magnification, the stadia subtends what a MOAR reticle would on a SFP, so it's still suitable as a LR scope. I think it will make a fine dual-purpose scope!

KMD

Banned
I'm sure if you followed some of the threads on FFP v. SFP here on Rokslide, I've always maintained you don't need FFP for LR hunting. Those shots will all be taken at max magnification anyway. However, I was surprised after using this 4-16 F1 by how far down the magnification range the reticle stays usable. I've had it in the field, and found I could use the MOAR reticle down to 6x. At 4x, I can't make out the stadia. At max magnification, the stadia subtends what a MOAR reticle would on a SFP, so it's still suitable as a LR scope. I think it will make a fine dual-purpose scope!

In some of those threads, that was my stance all along.
It's all about reticle choice. There is nothing inherently limiting about a FFP optic for a hunting scope, given a decent reticle selection. Quite the contrary, IMHO. But it's nice to see the light bulbs start to glow in a dim room...