Nightforce Customer Service - not happy

mdfanatic1980

Lil-Rokslider
I was having a problem with my zero stop on the NX8. I emailed NF and they promptly replied, asked me to try something to try and fix it, and once I did and it didn't work, asked me to send it in.

This was on a hunting rifle I was supposed to take on a Colorado deer hunt - right now.

I took my backup gun and mailed in the NF. I just got an email from NF - only 8 weeks wait before they get to the scope. Hell of a customer service department and turnaround when you need something. "see ya in 8 weeks".

That's my rant. I just hear nothing but good things about NF and all the fanboys and then this.

So you over torqued the zero stop. Ok

What makes the length of time determine weather or not the customer service is good?

As long as they are friendly, honest about the timeline and fix your problem, thats good customer service to me.
The length of time may or may not be an inconvenience but that doesn't determine weather or not it was good.

They may seem like a large company but you understand they are a very small company in a very small town in Idaho rite?

young-gun

FNG
I mean could you have hunted with out the zero stop? last time I had them do a reticle change for me im thinking it was a couple days turn around. but never had to have them fix anything.

Makes me wonder why their repair department is so backed up.
I highly doubt they have an entire repair department.
They probably put it in line to be worked in with a usa made scope tech. And he fixes it when its your turn.
It takes 8 weeks to get a scope through the military program to. Wonder why the sales dept is so backed up.