Nightforce Customer Service - not happy

sndmn11

WKR
I'm shocked at the number of folks that are defending 8 weeks warranty return time. I'd expect 8 weeks from a bargin barrel manufacturer. When you spend $$$ money on something you expect:

- High quality
- A++ customer service
- Fast service
- Above and Beyond service

Anything else is unacceptable. Period.
When I spend $$$ money on something, I don't expect or plan to be the cause of FUBARing it up to be needing non-warranty repair. I also don't expect my waiting til the last minute to address something I caused a while ago to constitute an emergency for others.

Last edited:
I'm shocked at the number of folks that are defending 8 weeks warranty return time. I'd expect 8 weeks from a bargin barrel manufacturer. When you spend $$$ money on something you expect:

- High quality
- A++ customer service
- Fast service

That just isn’t how the optics industry works, at least with regards to fast service.

tdhanses

WKR

- High quality
- A++ customer service
- Fast service

Guess when you don’t buy disposable optics you get used to it, stick with brands that just send new replacements and you’ll not need to learn patience.

Rob5589

WKR

- High quality
- A++ customer service
- Fast service

What would be considered an acceptable time frame for a high end manufacturer?

Could be worse. Could be a SWFA and you'r great grandkids likely will still be waiting (overly dramatic for effect) and the SWFA choir will still tell your great grandkids to be happy that they will get it if and when they get it; in the mean time shut up (joking on this and NOT serious at all) as you are distracting the uber elite WKRs from enjoying their pre-Thanksgiving weekend.

It is Rokslide. There are some things that are so taboo that the WKRs' panties get all knotted up. This just so happens to be one of them.

But yep, lots of open open and demo models out there that is it is a bit crazy that NF is unwilling to figure something out. Do believe that this is where buying from CameraLand or S&S may have helped (assuming both companies sell your scope).

KHNC

WKR
Sell me your Nightforce and I will deal with their customer service…..

I would rather wait 8 weeks for a nightforce scope to get fixed than send a vortex scope in every year. Just me though.
Every year on high end Vortex? Kind of a ridiculous claim dont you think?

whaack

WKR
What would be considered an acceptable time frame for a high end manufacturer?
I've had to send Apple devices in a couple times in the 20 years of having them. My last was an issue (my fault 100%). Apple overnighted me a box with pre-paid priority overnight. From the time I called with my issue till the time I had a fully functioning, repaired MacBook was 3 days. That's service and that's what you pay for when you pay the premium that Apple demands.

I'd expect for high end optics a similar experience. Maybe not that quick but 1-2 weeks is acceptable. You asked so I answered but it appears there are a folks that just want to argue on here about expectations.

ljalberta

WKR
A 2.4 trillion dollar electronics company is an absurd comparison to a scope manufacturer.

What reason have any of the high end optics manufacturers provided, that you believe the level of service will be equal, and use the same model to the most valuable company in the world, asides from you “feeling” that way?

Of course, everyone is obviously entitled to feel whatever way they want, I’m just trying to understand where people have this understanding that as it pertains to high end optic repairs, and that particular industry, 8 weeks time is somehow objectively unacceptable.

svivian

WKR
I've had to send Apple devices in a couple times in the 20 years of having them. My last was an issue (my fault 100%). Apple overnighted me a box with pre-paid priority overnight. From the time I called with my issue till the time I had a fully functioning, repaired MacBook was 3 days. That's service and that's what you pay for when you pay the premium that Apple demands.

I'd expect for high end optics a similar experience. Maybe not that quick but 1-2 weeks is acceptable. You asked so I answered but it appears there are a folks that just want to argue on here about expectations.
Expectation and reality are two different things.... And some of us aren't here to argue about it because we have actually had to deal with customer service claims from a variety of high-end optic companies. Real world experience is more valuable than someone's expectations when comparing companies, no?

Rob5589

WKR

I should have clarified; high end optics manufacturer. I'm not trying to argue or defend. For clarity, I own nothing NF. There just seems to be a disconnect of expectation and reality in todays "instant" society. And not just in this particular issue.

Sled

WKR
I think the newer generations aren't used to waiting for anything. In today's instant gratification society, expectations are often not in line with the reality that is coming. A rude awakening lies ahead.