Nightforce customer service

Encore4me

FNG
I just got a Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50 for my Tikka rifle. I was going to use low Nightforce rings and their 0 MOA base. The guy at Nightforce said I should get med. rings and a 20 MOA base. I explained that I wouldn’t need that much elevation availability. He said that by having the 20 MOA base it would put my reticle more in the center and the med rings would allow for better clearance of my bolt knob. What do you all think about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eightyeight mag

Lil-Rokslider
Bolt knob will clear just fine with low rings.
That being said, I am very happy running same scope on my tikka 300wsm with an area 419 20 moa rail and med seekins rings.
With that setup I’m able to get scope back to give proper eye relief for me.

Also have cheek riser on aftermarket stock otherwise scope would be too high for proper cheek weld.

Nx8 2.5-20 is a short scope and not a ton of eye relief so can be tricky to setup. It is one of my favorites though.

OP
E

Encore4me

FNG
Bolt knob will clear just fine with low rings.
That being said, I am very happy running same scope on my tikka 300wsm with an area 419 20 moa rail and med seekins rings.
With that setup I’m able to get scope back to give proper eye relief for me.

Also have cheek riser on aftermarket stock otherwise scope would be too high for proper cheek weld.

Nx8 2.5-20 is a short scope and not a ton of eye relief so can be tricky to setup. It is one of my favorites though.

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not that the reticle would be more centered.
It would be more in the center of the travel range.

Since I have switched to 20 moa rails I have seen no down side.

Fat_hog

FNG
I have all tikkas and happen to run all nightforce. All of mine are low rings. Never had an issue with an interference