Nightforce NX8 4-32x50mm F1 Field Eval Q&A

Lawnboi

WKR
So did it hold zero? Pretty sure the 4-32 mil xt is my next scope purchase
It did.

Took off the can and blew out the snow, slapped the snow off the rifle/scope and continued to shoot, and hit, prairie dogs out to 400, which is as far as I care to shoot at them in any wind without a lot of frustration.

After the second fall, which didn’t send the rifle as far but ended up cracking me in the back of the head, I started walking in spots we already made footsteps.

Been impressed with the scope, both that Iv got have been solid.

Clark33

WKR
I accidentally impact tested the piss out of mine this weekend.

Rifle was strapped to my pack, pack weight about 40lbs. With pack on I was riding a trail on an ebike. My left peddle caught a large rock in the trail. Sent me off the bike and down a small embankment (about a 3-4 drop) Weight of my pack pulled me down and I landed on my right side… same side my rifle was strapped too. The rifle/scope took a direct hit on a boulder. I caught a tree branch to the lip… short story long we patched the wound as best we could and road out the 3 miles to the truck, 6 stitches later im good to go.

Took the rifle out today, Seekins PH1 6 creed, nx8 in ARC rings. At 100 yds it stacked 3 shots dead on. I’m impressed.

bluumoon

WKR
Form, since you brought it up, any chance of doing the test on the SWFA 5-20? I have one mounted up, serving me well so far...

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I accidentally impact tested the piss out of mine this weekend.

Rifle was strapped to my pack, pack weight about 40lbs. With pack on I was riding a trail on an ebike. My left peddle caught a large rock in the trail. Sent me off the bike and down a small embankment (about a 3-4 drop) Weight of my pack pulled me down and I landed on my right side… same side my rifle was strapped too. The rifle/scope took a direct hit on a boulder. I caught a tree branch to the lip… short story long we patched the wound as best we could and road out the 3 miles to the truck, 6 stitches later im good to go.

Took the rifle out today, Seekins PH1 6 creed, nx8 in ARC rings. At 100 yds it stacked 3 shots dead on. I’m impressed.
Glad you and the scope survived. Pics?

Clark33

WKR
Took a buck in Idaho with this same rifle/nx8 combo, shot wasn’t far, 250yds but the rifle was bouncing around in the back of a SxS for the better part of a week. I haven’t shot it since so I’ll take it out here soon and see how it handled that as well.

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
Completely agree! I have one on my 6.5PRC and was a little concerned when I bought it because I'd read so much bitching about them but once I got one and it was mounted up on the rifle I quickly realized it was just a whole lot of over inflated internet bitching and probably a lot of talk by people that likely have never actually owned one.

Is the NX8 2.5-20 more position sensitive than my NXS's or ATACR's yes absolutely but from the very first time I shouldered the gun that wears it I've never had a WTF moment. I have some Leupold scopes that are position sensitive as well but it's no big deal and certainly not a deal breaker.
This is an old thread but this gives my sails a bit of wind back. I just ordered one and as soon as I ordered it I made the mistake of reading forms and it deflated my excitement a bit hahah. It seems like a lot of people had a lot of bad to say about it and very little good so it had me pretty concerned. We’ll see once I get it but it’s the nicest I’ve scope I’ve ever bought

Dobermann

WKR
I only took a pic of my half ass patched up lip at the trailhead, no pics of scope or fall area or groups from yesterday. I was just trying to stop the bleeding and get out of there lol
Yeah, I think it's photos of the stitched-up lip we want to see ...

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
In your opinion, is RTZ and durability on par with Nightforce?

I don’t really have opinions on this stuff. However, my experience is that for practical purposes- yes. While one can’t say that the 5-20x SWFA is as reliable and durable as a NF in aggregate (no scope can), I haven’t seen a HD SWFA that has failed, and I would, and do use them without hesitation.

WestFlint

FNG
I don’t really have opinions on this stuff. However, my experience is that for practical purposes- yes. While one can’t say that the 5-20x SWFA is as reliable and durable as a NF in aggregate (no scope can), I haven’t seen a HD SWFA that has failed, and I would, and do use them without hesitation.
Starting off by humbly stating I’m not familiar with SWFA. That being said, do SWFA internal components share similar material quality and precision of NF? Specifically with respect to long-term dialing dependability and ruggedness for maintaining zero? Asking because I’m trying to decide on that +10-year unicorn scope. Thanks

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Starting off by humbly stating I’m not familiar with SWFA. That being said, do SWFA internal components share similar material quality and precision of NF? Specifically with respect to long-term dialing dependability and ruggedness for maintaining zero? Asking because I’m trying to decide on that +10-year unicorn scope. Thanks

They are generally very reliable and durable. I would search as they have been discussed at length.