Nightforce NX8 announcement

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Huh? How?
I tend to agree with that statement. The extra space in the tube going from 30 to 34 mm allows you to do a few different things. Most companies use the extra space to accommodate more travel. A good example is looking at a z5 to a z6. The put a bigger tube inside which will bring in more light. For the x5i the use the extra room for travel so the glass is very similar.

I tend to agree with that statement. The extra space in the tube going from 30 to 34 mm allows you to do a few different things. Most companies use the extra space to accommodate more travel. A good example is looking at a z5 to a z6. The put a bigger tube inside which will bring in more light. For the x5i the use the extra room for travel so the glass is very similar.

A lot of folks say a bigger tube brings in more light but that is not true. More room to put stuff - bigger lenses, more travel, thicker tube construction, yes. So i guess one could say you are able to do more with a bigger tube to help with glass quality, but it's hardly universal that bigger= better.

willidru

WKR
I’ve read that the nx8 uses The ED glass that the ATACR uses, but the compact design vs the ATACR makes it so it isn’t utilized as well. Perhaps the 34mm tube affects it as well but not sure about that. I should be getting my NX8 fairly soon and will compare it to my nxs. I have no doubts it will be better.

This is what NF said about the difference in ED glass between NX8 and ATACR

The ATACR optics feature ED Glass throughout the entire optic. The NX8 optics feature the ED glass in precise areas of the optic to enhance the quality of glass. The clarity is phenomenal in both optics.

choovhntr

WKR
Good to know. Thanks for clearing that up. I was under the assumption the glass was the same throughout. I’ll be curious to put it next to the zeiss v6 as well. That scope is super bright and clear.

choovhntr

WKR
Got my nx8 4-32 sfp scope last week. Took it to the range and I’m really liking it. Glass is noticeably better than my NXS if that is important to you, and the new reticle is perfect in my opinion. I’ll do some more comparisons when I spend more time with it but first impression is very good.

Sadler

WKR
Got my nx8 4-32 sfp scope last week. Took it to the range and I’m really liking it. Glass is noticeably better than my NXS if that is important to you, and the new reticle is perfect in my opinion. I’ll do some more comparisons when I spend more time with it but first impression is very good.
Any updates on this? I’m looking at making this my first nightforce scope. The dual sub tensions seem like a great idea for a scope with so much magnification.

Bater

WKR
Busted some rocks with my new 4-32 F2 today from 550yds and 1150yds. Long story short this scope is badass! The reticle is perfect imo and will work well for all western hunting conditions I will encounter. For those that care about glass quality it was as good as my 2.5-25 March and a touch better than my other NXS scopes. I don’t know if there’s a better sub 30 ounce long range hunting scope on the market, other than the March.

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
Love mine as well. Next rifle will also get one of these.

choovhntr

WKR
Any updates on this? I’m looking at making this my first nightforce scope. The dual sub tensions seem like a great idea for a scope with so much magnification.

Still loving this scope. The dual sub tensions are nice, especially since 32x won’t always be usable in the field. 16x will allow for some pretty long shots still and having sub tensions for it allows for quick adjustments. Great design IMO. I haven’t fount much not to like with this scope. I’ll definitely be buying another.

Sadler

WKR
Still loving this scope. The dual sub tensions are nice, especially since 32x won’t always be usable in the field. 16x will allow for some pretty long shots still and having sub tensions for it allows for quick adjustments. Great design IMO. I haven’t fount much not to like with this scope. I’ll definitely be buying another.
Good to hear. I broke down and ordered one a couple days ago. The more I thought about the dual sub tensions the more I wanted it.

Whisky

WKR
This reticle for the 32x has numbered subtensions for both 16x and 32x. Take a look at the reticle and you'll understand.

I"m curious if anybody has the 2.5-20 F1 NX8 and if they have been dissatisfied with it or not? Either optically, or too finicky eye box/parallax...

Last edited:

Whisky

WKR
I've messed around with a couple of the 2.5-20 F1's and they had tight eyeboxes, finicky parallax/shallow DoF, and fisheyed on the outer edges.

Lot of reviews similar to that. And an equal amount saying they have no problems with them...tough decision to buy without trying first.

freddyG

WKR
It would be difficult for me to go to that reticle after using ffp scopes for a long time. It’s kind of a solution looking for a problem kind of invention.