Nightforce NX8. SFP ?

OP
HuntnPack

HuntnPack

WKR
Looks like another nxs 2.5-10x42 purchase for me or maybe try a NX8 4-32 in FFP.

Last edited:
OP
HuntnPack

HuntnPack

WKR
I don’t see why they would with the nxs line
They currently have NX8 models in FFP,
Which are an improvement over the NXS.
Not too much of a stretch to hope for sfp
In the same 8x line. Hopefully 2021.
Offered in several power ranges, decent weight, & price point would replace the nxs

Last edited:

BlackTail

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t see why they would with the nxs line

I’ve thought the exact same thing since hearing about an NX8 in SFP, and seeing the price point of the FFP NX8. Seems like it would pretty much relegate then NXS lines as obsolete.

tdot

WKR
If they made a 1.5-12x42 that was sub 20oz, about 99% of my scope shopping would be EASY!!!

That would be the perfect scope. I emailed NF asking for that awhile ago. I think I threw our 25oz as a limit, but 20 would be better. If enough of us request it......

tdot

WKR
What did they say??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked through my old emails, can't find it. But as I recall it was " thank you and we'll add it to our list of requests for future consideration.

I'd really hoped they would offer a free PrePoduction model of exactly what I'd asked for. But they didn't.

If they made a 1.5-12x42 that was sub 20oz, about 99% of my scope shopping would be EASY!!!

Doing so would likely come with compromises in relation to depth of focus, exit pupil, and a finicky parallax compared to the nxs 2.5-10. The extra mag range isn't worth it IMO.

BlackTail

Lil-Rokslider
Doing so would likely come with compromises in relation to depth of focus, exit pupil, and a finicky parallax compared to the nxs 2.5-10. The extra mag range isn't worth it IMO.

I don’t know. I got to fondle Swarovski’s Z8 1.7-13x42 and that looked pretty spectacular though I will admit it wasn’t mounted on a gun and I wasn’t paying much attention to parallax. My comment was based on Ryan’s and his thought that the NXS line might be replaced by a new SFP line of the NX8. If true, I hope they don’t jump straight to a 2.5-20 as their new “little”scope. While I’m sure Nightforce would sell a metric shit ton of these, 20 power is just higher than I want in an SFP optic for most of my hunting.

I don’t know. I got to fondle Swarovski’s Z8 1.7-13x42 and that looked pretty spectacular though I will admit it wasn’t mounted on a gun and I wasn’t paying much attention to parallax. My comment was based on Ryan’s and his thought that the NXS line might be replaced by a new SFP line of the NX8. If true, I hope they don’t jump straight to a 2.5-20 as their new “little”scope. While I’m sure Nightforce would sell a metric shit ton of these, 20 power is just higher than I want in an SFP optic for most of my hunting.

Maybe. That Z8 only has 50.5 MOA of elevation travel which probably makes it a little easier to make things work. I'm not going to pretend to understand how all this stuff works but it sure seems like an ultra high zoom ratio comes with too many compromises. My $700 LRHS scopes are better functional aiming devices than my $3k March 3-24x52 was despite what the specs say. There are plenty of reviews indicating the NX8 makes similar compromises to that 3-24 March.

BlackTail

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe. That Z8 only has 50.5 MOA of elevation travel which probably makes it a little easier to make things work. I'm not going to pretend to understand how all this stuff works but it sure seems like an ultra high zoom ratio comes with too many compromises. My $700 LRHS scopes are better functional aiming devices than my $3k March 3-24x52 was despite what the specs say. There are plenty of reviews indicating the NX8 makes similar compromises to that 3-24 March.

I’m with you on not knowing how all these pieces work in conjunction. I’ve read a lot of those same comments on the NX8 as well as the March scopes (both FFP and SFP).Depth of field, tight eye box, finicky parallax. I’d really love to see an NX6 line! 2-12x42, 3-18x50, 4-24x56. Make it in a 30mm tube and have the power ring adjustment like on the NX8 line!

I’m with you on not knowing how all these pieces work in conjunction. I’ve read a lot of those same comments on the NX8 as well as the March scopes (both FFP and SFP).Depth of field, tight eye box, finicky parallax. I’d really love to see an NX6 line! 2-12x42, 3-18x50, 4-24x56. Make it in a 30mm tube and have the power ring adjustment like on the NX8 line!

Now you're talkin!

prm

WKR
... I’d really love to see an NX6 line! 2-12x42, 3-18x50, 4-24x56. Make it in a 30mm tube and have the power ring adjustment like on the NX8 line!

Great idea! For me, make the NX6 2-12x42 a relative lightweight alternative too.