Nightforce nxs 2.5-10x42 on savage.

SDHunter44

Lil-Rokslider
Recently got a savage 110 ultralight and the nxs 2.5-10x42 finally came in along with some Talley rings. Went to mount it up and the rings are spaced too far apart for the scope. So does anyone have any recommendations on a rail style mount and rings to go with that are still somewhat lightweight but not cheaply made?

ChrisAU

WKR
NF Aluminum Rail, Hawkins Ultralights Rings. Myself I would sacrifice a couple oz and use ARC rings though.

TX_Diver

WKR
Talley has an extended base version of those. E-mail them if you can't find it. I had the same problem awhile ago and they solved it for me with one of the extended base rings.

tak

WKR
Tally LWs (extended) fit that scope on my model 70 375 H&H and that's about as long as it gets. Not much room to spare, but they did fit. The standard LWs would not.

I wouldn't hesitate to use an aluminum rail and the Hawkins lightweights as mentioned above.

Even if you didn't have spacing problems, a rail is going to be a more robust mounting set up.

I have a Savage set up with a Warne rail and Warne Mountain Tech rings; both are well built and lightweight. I didn't weigh them up, but the whole set up can't weigh much more than the Talley LW.