Nightforce or Swaro

Firstfive

Lil-Rokslider
Think of the Leupold vx6hd. As good as the Nightforce much lighter. They are soon to be coming out with a vx5hd 4-20. That is a good option

ChrisAU

WKR
Think of the Leupold vx6hd. As good as the Nightforce much lighter. They are soon to be coming out with a vx5hd 4-20. That is a good option

I had one fail internally during a whitetail hunt. A lens came loose, I might as well have been blind. No clue what caused it. I’d also trust a Swaro to track before any Loopy, and I’ve owned a pile of both.

Firstfive

Lil-Rokslider
I get that. Only downfall with Swaro is price. If you get an equal scope in build by Nightforce or others like Kahles Ect the price is too much for comparable quality. The price of the X5i might as well go Atacr. Kahles would be my choice for A hunting/Long range setup. It is swaro after all and with all the whistles with it.

Trr15

WKR
All can say is if you have to send a scope in for swaro service, be sure to get a tattoo somewhere you can see it. You'll forget you sent it in long before it returns.

Ain’t that the truth. Sent my scope in after last season and my Binos are with them right now. Count on no less than 3 months turnaround time and don’t be surprised if it takes longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is my info on that you and I both are on the same boat but I jumped off that boat and joined the jet boat and took off!!! I had a Nightforce NXS same one you have on a custom 300 ultra mag and put a Z5 2.4-12x50 BT-Plex on mine and I freaking love it. Don't get me wrong I love the NIGHTFROCE and swear by them but for the kind of hunting I do I had no use for a giant scope like that on my gun. I really wanted a scope that I could run from 100-600 yards in the thicket I am no freaking sniper I have no use for shooting nor want to shoot 1000 plus just not that kind of guy hats off to the guys who want to and can but not what I do plus the light weight of the Swarovski is amazing and my gun just feels so light and nimble I feel I can move it around a lot more and I feel so much more effective with it then I did my NIGHTFORCE. I love the glass in the Swarovski and the BT is so user friendly it is awesome. I really hope this helps you out but I will tell you do it cause you will be so happy you did. If you would like any more feed back or help with anything give me a call.

Hey guys, I currently have a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 with the MOAR reticle on top of my GA Precisions 7mm wsm. I am thinking of selling the scope and picking up a Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 with the Ballistic Turret and Windage reticle. While I love the Nightforce, the entire rig is pretty heavy and I use it as my primary hunting rifle. By swapping Id save about a pound - just on the fence with keeping as is or making the switch.

Whats your 2 cents

Last edited: