Nightforce shv 3-10 42mm ???

Has anyone used this scope ? I see that it has a fixed parallax at 125 m.... I want to put it on a proof elevation rifle that I will use for hunting and shoot out to 500 yards with it ... how do you guys like the scope and would it work for this application ?

CoStick

WKR
I have it with MOAR reticle and it works great. I bought it for a 500 yard set up for elk. It is illuminated which helps or the reticle wouldn’t work for me

OP
Joshuajosh
I have it with MOAR reticle and it works great. I bought it for a 500 yard set up for elk. It is illuminated which helps or the reticle wouldn’t work for me
I’ve had people tell me the fixed parallax would be an issue .... have you shot out that far with it ? And have you dialed at all? I rly rly do think this scope looks like a damn good package just don’t want to get it and then not be able to shoot that far

I posted in your other thread. 500 yards will be no problem. It won’t let you down but if you decide to upgrade it’ll be an easy sale on the classifieds to trade up to the next best thing.

Trees91

WKR
I have the older model with side parallax and non illuminated Moar. I have three. Found them all used. They've became my favorite scopes.
Also on an elevation....

058D7976-A62E-471F-8DD0-F2D0E8E7347F.jpeg

CoStick

WKR
I’ve had people tell me the fixed parallax would be an issue .... have you shot out that far with it ? And have you dialed at all? I rly rly do think this scope looks like a damn good package just don’t want to get it and then not be able to shoot that far
I haven’t had any issues. I have shot to 400.

I also have a side parallax MOAR. I've used it quite a bit (1k rounds ish) on three different rifles and love it. Dialed almost to the travel limit and back, never an issue with RTZ. I'd happily own a couple more of them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
Joshuajosh
I have the older model with side parallax and non illuminated Moar. I have three. Found them all used. They've became my favorite scopes.
Also on an elevation....

View attachment 292957
How do they work in low light ..... and the rifles are damn nice I love mine .... how does yourse shoot? I haven't had a chance to take mine out yet