Nightforce shv f1 4-14x50 mil-r

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Does anybody here have this scope??? I’m thinking of getting one and wondering if it’s worth the ~300 dollar price increase from an SWFA 3-15x42.

I like the idea of a capped windage turret and I’ve never had a 50mm scope either so that’s sort of cool.

Can anybody compare the mil-r reticle to the SWFA mil dot reticle???

I’m looking to put the scope on a tikka t3x superlite 6.5 creed and build sort of a lightweight backpacking precision type rifle. I ordered an area 419 20 MOA rail today, what height rings would you even need for a 50mm scope??? Mediums???

Anyways, I’d be curious to hear any info about this scope, thinking of ordering as soon as tomorrow but it’s come Down to this NF for an SWFA.

Thanks!!!

mvrk28

WKR
I have it in MOAR and love it. I run a standard rail on my xbolt 6.5cm and run the Nightforce Ultra Light low rings, you should be fine with a 20 MOA rail and lows or mediums.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have it in MOAR and love it. I run a standard rail on my xbolt 6.5cm and run the Nightforce Ultra Light low rings, you should be fine with a 20 MOA rail and lows or mediums.

Is the turret on the scope pretty nice?

WKR
Have had one for maybe 3 years now. Tried a 20 moa rail on it and could not get zeroed at 100 yards. Went 0 moa rail and worked fine on one rig for 2 years. Flash forward to this last month and built a 6.5x47 lapua kind of on the lines of what you are doing. Bought another 20 moa rail and again on this rig, no luck at 100. Kid got a 20 moa rail and my new 0 moa rail should be here this week.

Other than that, it has dialed very well and the optics and illumination are great. Had it on a heavy 7mm Remington and eye relief was plenty on there. Hopefully your 20 moa rail works but be prepared to go to a 0.

Seem like a nice scope, mil-r is a sufficient reticle.
In this space I chose the LRHS for lower weight, lower price, larger eye relief, higher magnification, and the G2H reticle. Obviously not apples to apples because they discontinued the LRHS and I’m not sure the LRTS is available at similar pricing to what LRHS used to be.