Nightforce SHV vs NXS

For the dollar... and utility...

Get the SHV if you don't need the features of the NXS.

I have the NXS compact scopes in x32mm and x42mm versions. From my way of looking at things, probably the best possible scopes I'd ever want to use. Also fond of my LRTS 3-12 and LRHS 3-12 + a few SWFA Super Sniper 6x.

The only prior-owned scope I'd ever bring back into the mix is a SS 3-9X. FWIW, no NXS will ever be worth $1,000 more than a SS 3-9X w/MQ reticle. In terms of hunting scopes, you simply can't net a single ounce of anything against the SS 3-9x.

[Edit for OP: I didn't notice that this is an older thread until after submitting. Let us know what you ended up with.]

Last edited:

Spence

FNG
I have enjoyed both of them. But IMO the NXS is without a doubt a better scope. The glass is not the same. I sell both products and am continually in contact with Nightforce. I have asked that exact question. They say the glass and coatings are different. Which is another reason for the higher price tag. Both are great scopes.

Motown

WKR
Just curious how the eye relief is on the NSX? NF list it as 3.3” so I was just curious what you guys that have them think?

Just curious how the eye relief is on the NSX? NF list it as 3.3” so I was just curious what you guys that have them think?
I would say they are good to go. I think I'm pretty sensitive to eye relief but honestly on that scope I haven't ever noticed it being a problem or tough to get right - I like em:) I think the biggest possible issue is that they are a really short scope so you could run into problems on a long action if not using a rail.