Nightforce v Zeiss v Huskemaw

mdfanatic1980

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a scope for my new 6.5 PRC setup for mule deer mainly. I was/am planning on going with the Zeiss Z4 6-24x50, but want to make sure I'm not making the wrong decision in this price point by not looking at anything else? I'm unfamiliar with Nightforce and I feel like some people are biased against Huskemaw due to their show/marketing.

HuntnPack

WKR
I’d consider something with a lower than 6 power setting on the low end.
I’d highly recommend the Nightforce.
I have the 2.5-20x50 F2. Great all around
hunting optic. 2.5 on the low end for close shots in the dark timber, & 20 on the high end for the open country. Great crisp, clear, glass. Nice weight & size. Positive controls.
Clean un cluttered moar reticle, with floating dot. Illumination of dots.
Precise click adjustments, tracks perfectly, returns to zero. Capped windage, zero stop, power lever, Tennebraex flip up lens caps. Rugged, Reliable, Dependable.

Rock-o

WKR
Whichever scope you choose it must have a reticle you like. Otherwise you won't like using the scope.

For me, the best reticle by far is the Mil-c and Mil-xt from Nightforce in their F1 (FFP) models. I chose a Nightforce NX8.

Vaultman

WKR
I would choose Zeiss if it was me. I have a ATACR 4-16 and a V4 4-16.
For hunting, I would take the V4 every time. (Plus the ATACR is more spendy than a V4). I also have a V6, 3-18 which is optically awesome but I do not like the non-lockable windage (even though it was not a problem this year).

I have no experience with Huskemaw.

Painless

FNG
Nightforce, I run several of the 2.5x10x32's and 2.5x10x42 as well as several others. The NXS 2.5x10's are my favorite variable scope

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The V4 is a great scope for the price! The glass is great, it's relatively lightweight, and the turrets feel great. You could also take a look at the Nightforce SHV and stay in the same price point. The SHV is heavier and the glass is not quite as nice as the V4, but the SHVs are built like tanks, they are available in first focal plane, and it is extremelly rare to find one that doesn't track. It's hard to go wrong with either of those scopes in that price point. We have no experience with the Huskemaw scopes.

I’d consider something with a lower than 6 power setting on the low end.
I’d highly recommend the Nightforce.
I have the 2.5-20x50 F2. Great all around
hunting optic. 2.5 on the low end for close shots in the dark timber, & 20 on the high end for the open country. Great crisp, clear, glass. Nice weight & size. Positive controls.
Clean un cluttered moar reticle, with floating dot. Illumination of dots.
Precise click adjustments, tracks perfectly, returns to zero. Capped windage, zero stop, power lever, Tennebraex flip up lens caps. Rugged, Reliable, Dependable.
Is the zero stop pretty secure from accidental movement? I am seriously considering this scope for a 7 mag sheep hunting rifle for shooting out past 400 yds if needed. Never owned a nightforce before, but think this could be my first

Also, is the reticle really visible at 2.5X? Thinking of potential grizzly encounters

Bater

WKR
Yes the F2 version of the NX8 is great at lower powers, the F1’s are obviously more difficult to see

Yes the F2 version of the NX8 is great at lower powers, the F1’s are obviously more difficult to see
Thanks...OK now I understand the F2 is SFP. How about the turrets? Are they prone to being accidentally turned or are they secure?

HuntnPack

WKR
Is the zero stop pretty secure from accidental movement? I am seriously considering this scope for a 7 mag sheep hunting rifle for shooting out past 400 yds if needed. Never owned a nightforce before, but think this could be my first

Also, is the reticle really visible at 2.5X? Thinking of potential grizzly encounters
Yes, zero stop is solid. Also windage turret is capped. Elevation turret is not capped but fairly stiff. Still could be moved accidentally, but I’ve never had an issue.
Also the reticle of the F2 is very visible on the lowest setting.