Sold Nikon Fieldscope 82ED with Multiple Eye Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowsandgrass

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nikon Fieldscope 82ED / MCII 25-75 eyepiece / DS 30W eye piece / 50X eyepiece / Camera Adaptor/ Stay on Case / Eye Piece Case.

I have been using this scope for 10 years. It is optically excellent no imperfections in the glass on any of the pieces that I can detect. There are 2 dings on the sunshade (see pictures) they do not interfere with function or the view. The DS 30W eyepiece has a dent in the body (see pictures) but it does not interfere with the view at all. I finally pulled the trigger on a STX95.

$1000 obo TYD. I will ship Fedex and even cover the paypal fees.

Attachments

• nikon1.jpg
    nikon1.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 133
  • nikon 3.jpg
    nikon 3.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 131
  • nikon 2.jpg
    nikon 2.jpg
    635.8 KB · Views: 111
  • nikon 4.jpg
    nikon 4.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 107
  • nikon 5.jpg
    nikon 5.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 119

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
These scopes are awesome! I used one for years and would take one of these over any other scope of its generation including a swaro sts 80hd. The eyepieces and field of view aren’t the best, but optically, these scopes are fantastic. Good luck with the sale.

OP
C

cowsandgrass

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks. I agree, the only scope that ever made my fieldscope seem inferior was the ATX/STX., although I never tried a kowa

OP
C

cowsandgrass

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I just received my new swaro stx95. I have to tell you that the Nikon with the 30x wide angle eyepiece was every bit as good as the swaro on 30x right up to dark. Swaro went less than 2 min longer is all. pretty much the same apparent field of view both just as clear and sharp to the edge. I will admit the view through the zoom eyepiece on the Nikon is narrow and not as sharp on the edges. I’m starting to wonder if the swaro purchase was unnecessary.
Oh well my loss is somebody else’s gain.

Ledd Slinger

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just received my new swaro stx95. I have to tell you that the Nikon with the 30x wide angle eyepiece was every bit as good as the swaro on 30x right up to dark. Swaro went less than 2 min longer is all. pretty much the same apparent field of view both just as clear and sharp to the edge. I will admit the view through the zoom eyepiece on the Nikon is narrow and not as sharp on the edges. I’m starting to wonder if the swaro purchase was unnecessary.
Oh well my loss is somebody else’s gain.
I had the Meopta Meostar HD 82mm. Sold it and got a Swaro ATX with 95mm and 65mm objectives. Not that impressed for the massive added cost. Sold the ATX and went back to the Meopta.

Bought a couple old Japanese built Nikon Fieldscope ED models in 60mm and 78mm because they were cheap and piqued my curiosity. The glass is amazing. FOV isn’t as good with 25-56x zoom eyepiece on the 78ED, but the glass is every bit as good as the ATX and Meopta in my opinion. Maybe even a touch better in some situations. Sold the Meopta again and I now just have the two Nikon scopes. Unless a company has some ungodly major breakthrough with optical glass and technology, I will never spend a ton of money on a high end European spotting scope again. I am as happy as could be with the old Japanese Nikon glass

OP
C

cowsandgrass

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
$900 TYD. I have a cabelas window mount and a Carlson phone adaptor I will throw in on the package. The phone adaptor is adjustable so it fits any phone and will work with all eye pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.