Nikon fieldscope ed60 vs 50?

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone use both?
I have the 50mm with the better zoom eyepiece and the 27x wide angle.
How much difference is there with the ed60? Weight isn’t a concern. Just wondering if it would be worth it to pick up the body only. The 50mm is nice but, it feels not enough sometimes.

Nethero

WKR
The 50 is nice but the ED III 60mm is significantly better. Brighter, higher magnification, maintains brightness and clarity at maximum 60X. Equal to Swaro 65mm spotters. If you can get the ED III for a good price I would not hesitate. Plus, the ED III is built like a tank and can take a beating. I don’t think the ED 50’s are very tough at all.

Beendare

WKR
I have the 60, and have compared itside by side with the 50.

The only positives to the 50 is short and light weight. The 60 is superior in every way.

That said, if I was buying another scope it would be 65mm plus…probably that Kowa 77.

I almost never use my scope, instead using the big binos that work for everything. Sheep guides and some trophy guys need scopes To count rings/inches.

mcdues

FNG
I have both of these. I love the little ED50, but if I had to choose just one, it would be the 60ED. The ED60 is a better option if weight is not an issue.

OP
F

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like I’m ordering a 60ediii of eBay.
Are the ones from Japan legit?
I’ve never ordered anything overseas or from anywhere off of eBay before.