WTB Nikon Fieldscope III ED

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'd like to buy or trade gear for a Nikon Fieldscope III ED 60mm or 82mm if anyone has one. Let me know!

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I would buy this. Can’t believe it hasn’t sold yet.

crock239

FNG
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yep...buy that package and can add an ed50 body that uses same eyepieces and it makes for a nice backpacking and/or truck spotter combo.

OP
MtnsCalling
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks guys for the input. I ended up buying a 60 for now. May buy a 82 in the future.

roughnecknine0

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I would buy this. Can’t believe it hasn’t sold yet.

Thoughts on this vs. a Meostar S2 or a Cabela Instinct Euro (is there even a difference?). I have a Viper 20-60 x 80mm and don't really use spotter's all too often but I am always a sucker for a good deal and great value.

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thoughts on this vs. a Meostar S2 or a Cabela Instinct Euro (is there even a difference?). I have a Viper 20-60 x 80mm and don't really use spotter's all too often but I am always a sucker for a good deal and great value.
Read what a couple of the other guys had to say in the For Sale post linked above. These scopes are optically equal or superior to most alpha scopes. The eyepieces aren’t the best and the field of view is restricted, but they are bright, crystal clear and extremely well built. I used one for ten years and it was easily better than any Zeiss or Leica I compared it to and neck and neck with the head HD Swarovski. It was miles ahead of the non-HD Swarovski.

roughnecknine0

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Read what a couple of the other guys had to say in the For Sale post linked above. These scopes are optically equal or superior to most alpha scopes. The eyepieces aren’t the best and the field of view is restricted, but they are bright, crystal clear and extremely well built. I used one for ten years and it was easily better than any Zeiss or Leica I compared it to and neck and neck with the head HD Swarovski. It was miles ahead of the non-HD Swarovski.
I had read through all that as well and was very impressed/intrigued. No doubt it would be better than anything Vortex offers but people also seem to say the same things about the S2 that they do about the Nikon. I guess my hang up or concern is purchasing something 10+ years old? I’m not sure if/why that would be an actual issue other than making it harder to find additional eyepieces for it.

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I haven’t looked through a meopta to compare, so I could offer no insight there. The age wouldn’t at all. Nikons premier optics are built to last. The eyepieces thing wouldn’t bother me at all either. The package above comes with 3 eyepieces. I don’t know the fella selling the scope, but from my experience with the scope I had, these scopes are an extremely good value for what they cost.