Nikon Monarch ED60/82 spotting scope

ZackP

WKR
Hey guys,
I’ve looked for and read as much as I can on the Monarch spotting scope. Although there isn’t much out there I read a fantastic review of the 82 here and on bird forum.

As it is I get pretty hefty discounts on Nikon products. All said and done I was adding an 82 to the cart to notice it is currently backordered. Which brings me to the question, has anyone ever used the 16-48? I can’t find much at all of it online. I don’t mind packing the 82 and was set on it, but I do have a pair of 18’s in the pack. I’m not one to sit behind a spotter all day so that made me re think my decision and maybe lean towards the 16-48x60.

Would love to know if anyone has used one and has any real world knowledge with the scope. Anything is appreciated thanks!

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
Did you end up getting the 82? If so, what did you think? I'm thinking of getting one and pairing it with the 38x WA eyepiece. Thanks

I didn’t. I ended going with an ATS 65 HD. Then to a Kowa 773 and I won’t be going anywhere from here.

FWIW I had an ED50 Nikon and thought it was phenomenal for a 50 and the price with the 13-40 EP.

The 82 is highly regarded on Bird Forums and on Snipers Hide.

kad11

WKR
I didn’t. I ended going with an ATS 65 HD. Then to a Kowa 773 and I won’t be going anywhere from here.

FWIW I had an ED50 Nikon and thought it was phenomenal for a 50 and the price with the 13-40 EP.

The 82 is highly regarded on Bird Forums and on Snipers Hide.
Copy that - thanks for the feedback.