Nikon Monarch HG 10x42 Review, By Matt Cashell

mgebs311

FNG
Hi Matt, have you looked through the Vortex UHD’s and would you recommend the HG’s over those or rank them as the same?

Seabee

FNG
Just got a pair of MHG 10x42, and they compare very favorably to Zeiss conquest HD's 10x42 (MHG's are much wider FOV, similar excellent sharpness, superior focuser and eyecups) and while a step down from Nikon EDGs in comfort and color saturation, are still very enjoyable to use, have an impressively wide FOV, and are lighter

Man saving a half pound of weight is sure intriguing. I wish I could see some photos of the CA, especially compared to the Meostar. I had a cheaper pair of Nikon's where this was terrible. But they had those built-in objective caps I do miss them they are awesome.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Man saving a half pound of weight is sure intriguing. I wish I could see some photos of the CA, especially compared to the Meostar. I had a cheaper pair of Nikon's where this was terrible. But they had those built-in objective caps I do miss them they are awesome.

CA fringing in the HG isn’t terrible, but it is present. It is similar in this area to the Leica Noctivid.

The Meopta HD is just really really good in CA correction.