Nikon Monarch HG vs Swaro CL 10x30s

davitia

FNG
I've owned the Monarch HG 10X30s for 3 years and have a few additional notes. The diopter, although easy to adjust can slip out of the lock position when taking the binos out of a chest rig. Not a huge deal but I would prefer a diopter adjustment that is more similar to the swaros as it's not something I would be adjusting often. Compared with a friends swaro cl glass, I to prefer the color rendition of the Nikons. Nikon's also appear sharper when glassing at a further distance. I've found the shallow depth of field of the Nikons to be a huge upside when glassing through the brush at a close distance. The narrower depth of field and the butter-smooth focus wheel have simplified combing through nearby areas as I crest a hill or move along a ridge. Overall extremely happy with these binos. I recently purchased the 10x42s and they share the same sentiment as above. In trying to cut some weight out of my pack, I'm now looking to potentially sell my Vortex Viper 20-60 x 85 spotter to purchase the Monarch 5 20x56 binos or the Monarch 60ed field scope. If anyone has experience with either of those 2 I'd appreciate any insight. Cheers!