Nikon Monarch M5 3-12x42SF Riflescope Review

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
monarch_m5_intro.jpg

I just recieved the Nikon Mornarch M5 3-12x42SF Riflescope with the MK1-MOA reticle in the mail yesterday. My plan is to get it mounted over the weekend (assuming I can get rings) and start testing it out. Let me know what questions you have and I'll get them answered.

Below is a graphic showing the available reticles.

monarch_m5_reticles.jpg

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Saturday I mounted the Nikon on my ultralight Tikka 6.5-06ai in medium height Talley Rings. It was easy to sight in and the scope seemed to track correctly. I will do a full tracking test later on. I don't plan to dial this scope in the field though since it doesn't have a zero stop or exposed elevation turrets.

At only 19.2 oz it doesn't add much weight!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I hit the hills Sunday morning to stretch the legs on this scope a bit. The glass is very crisp. I really like the MK1-MOA reticle. I was accurately shooting targets over 600 yds by holding over.

Eye relief is good. I had no issues shooting on the bench, prone or from a tripod. Keep an eye out for my review of the Davros head in the photo below.

mechengr

FNG
With that MOA reticle this is a very enticing package for a hunting rifle. Anything new to report on this scope? Gotten any shots on game with it yet this season?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
With that MOA reticle this is a very enticing package for a hunting rifle. Anything new to report on this scope? Gotten any shots on game with it yet this season?
No shots yet. I'm hoping to find a mature buck on my late whitetail hunt next month.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think its still wise to buy a Nikon Scope with them getting out of the scope buisness????? How will that effect warranty???

I will continue using the one I have and would be confident in buying one still. There will probably be some good closeout pricing coming which would be great. I expect they would still honor their warranty.

Always like my Nikon's going back to the Primos 3-9x I had on my first Encore. Sorry to see this option going away.

I have see some great deals on the Tactical and Black lines.

Kent