Nikon needs a little recognition on the prostaff 550

Just a shout out to an awesome rangefinder. Started bowhunting in 2009 and bought the nikon prostaff 550 new from Bass Pro. I thought I misplaced this guy in 2010 while hunting between properties in a super cold and snow packed December Missouri winter. Next August I came back to the stand, only to find it sitting 10 feet from my tree under brush. This guy spent 8 months of snow, rain, heat, cold, and all the normal weather conditions. Picked it up and worked exactly as it should. Fast forward 10 years it still works like a champ and I've only repaced the battery three times! I upgraded to a new model but passed this down to my wife. It's rare to find a product that can survive the true test of time and this guy has done so. While there are better products out there, this is hard to beat. Good job Nikon.
20200401_084024.jpg

I mean, LOOK AT IT! It has seen great use! I love when a product is truly tested and proven to be a quality product.

I have a Monarch 800 that I must have bought around the same time that is still kicking! Its not nearly as bright as my Leica and it only ranges to about 400 yards, but that thing has been bomb proof. I almost feel bad that I stopped using in... It sits in the safe as a backup now

OP
trdonahue7
I have a Monarch 800 that I must have bought around the same time that is still kicking! Its not nearly as bright as my Leica and it only ranges to about 400 yards, but that thing has been bomb proof. I almost feel bad that I stopped using in... It sits in the safe as a backup now
This guy is not nearly as perty either but it's a work horse! I hate I don't use it anymore but love that my wife does. Hell, if it stays this strong my kids will use it too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Extrapale

WKR
I have had the Riflehunter 550 for years, and it does everything I need in a rf.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

OP
trdonahue7
I haven't heard about anything except rifle scopes, so there is that. I used my 550 today and it performed flawlessly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
Still have my laser 800 from X-mas 2008. Works flawlessly and Is also now my wife's as is yours.