Nikon throwing in the towel on riflescopes

archp625

WKR
It’s sad news for me. Had one Nikon scopes. They always worked for me. I just bought a new scope and bought from a different company when I heard the news a month ago. I wish I could sell the ones I have it no one wants them.

It’s sad news for me. Had one Nikon scopes. They always worked for me. I just bought a new scope and bought from a different company when I heard the news a month ago. I wish I could sell the ones I have it no one wants them.

What Nikon do you have? I might be interested.

Hmmm. I have a couple on some plinkers sitting in the safe. Plenty of glass for a 22. I also have one on a 223 that is set up mainly for tagging ground hogs. There is better glsss for sure but it works for the price.

Sad day for all hunters/shooters. With a rapidly changing hunter/shooter market many new manufacturers have emerged and riflescope market has recently become pretty crowded - Tract, SWFA, Maven, Riton, etc. With shrinking margins and increasing competition it’s tough to maintain enough market share to remain profitable. What’s really sad is Nikon has always made that niche product - a step up from basic optics with quality components at a very good price. Hope they continue making binos - the Monarch HGs are likely the best $/quality in the industr.

BBB

FNG
Sorry to see, but some species become extinct while others are born...

Jdhunttrapfish

Lil-Rokslider
I heard the company doesnt want to be involved in hunting industry, I know they pulled out of multiple sponsorships with hunting programs last year

I was told by both Cabelas and Nikon that warranties would still be handled. Just picked up a new scope for a great price as I have always liked their stuff. My older Monarchs still perform.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Great. I just picked up a Monarch 5 for a muzzleloader. Got it on sale, I guess that’s why...

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
I was told by both Cabelas and Nikon that warranties would still be handled. Just picked up a new scope for a great price as I have always liked their stuff. My older Monarchs still perform.
I wonder how long that will last? Logically it would seem like whenever the assembled scopes and parts are gone that's it for warranty work.

I own two Nikon scopes that have always worked perfectly and a pair of 12x42 Monarch binos that punch WAY above their price range. Oh well, on the next one.

Nikon is an anti hunting company,they no longer want to be associated with hunting.This has been confirmed by Nikon and relayed to the internet by Doug at Cameraland.

crazy! didn't see that coming! anti hunting? seriously? anyone have any literature on that? I try to not take stuff like that from the internet as gospel (I know, call me cynical ;) )

that's unfortunate. I have a 2.5-10X prostaff 5 on my wife's rifle, and like it pretty well for what it is, and I have one of their rimfire scopes on my CZ 17hmr, which is a very good match for that.

not a huge deal, but unfortunate, I prefer leupold better for equal cost stuff (and like the Redfield Revolution better than the prostaff 5) so no loss here really, but it is a bummer if the stated reasoning is true.

ericF

WKR
crazy! didn't see that coming! anti hunting? seriously? anyone have any literature on that? I try to not take stuff like that from the internet as gospel (I know, call me cynical ;) )

that's unfortunate. I have a 2.5-10X prostaff 5 on my wife's rifle, and like it pretty well for what it is, and I have one of their rimfire scopes on my CZ 17hmr, which is a very good match for that.

not a huge deal, but unfortunate, I prefer leupold better for equal cost stuff (and like the Redfield Revolution better than the prostaff 5) so no loss here really, but it is a bummer if the stated reasoning is true.

Doug mentioned it already, but Nikon wouldn't let anybody that sells their camera equipment to also sell their riflescopes. They are a major player in the camera business and don't want those customers associating them with hunting. So not necessarily anti hunting, but questionable.

My red dot was busted from the factory and there warranty brilliance was a coupon to their online store since they no longer make them.

Useless warranty, done with that company. Sony makes better cameras anyway

Venom One

WKR
Nikon is anti-hunting? Seems weird. I just bought the Monarch 3000 Stabilized range finder which seems directly marketed to hunters.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
Meh.....good riddance. The last 3 that came through my hands were junk. When your scope says 1 click-1/4” at 100 yards....and the actual adjustment value is 3/4 at 100.....on three different scopes? They needed to go. Seriously.