Nikon Warranty Update

I was told by a Swarovski customer service rep that if i bought used binos from a coworker, that as long as they were purchased from an American authorized dealer, the warranty is transferable.

I don't know how other companies can offer a no-fault transferable warranty and still stay in business. Makes me wonder what the markup is on their products to be able to afford that.

Usually they can offer it because they havent been in business long enough for it to matter. Thats why you see new or younger compaines offer it, it cant be a financial hit if they havent sold any products.

Swarovski for example now has so many products in the field that they would go bankrupt trying to support them all.

eric1115

WKR
We just received this update from Nikon:

From Nikon:

We wanted to make you aware of a change that will take place regarding Nikon Inc.’s Sport Optics product warranty program. After review, we have decided to make some program adjustments that will require changes to in-store, online and other marketing materials.

PROGRAM CHANGE: Nikon Inc.’s product warranty is changing from the current product warranty to the following:
Lifetime limited warranty for the optical system of Binoculars, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes;
Seven-year limited warranty for non-optical system components of Binoculars, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes;
One-year limited warranty for electrical components of Binoculars, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes.

The Five-year limited warranty on all components for Rangefinder and Red Dot/Reflex sight products remains the same.

Please note that going forward we are ending our No-Fault Repair Policy. Therefore, the new warranty program will not apply to any SRO product that is subjected to misuse, alteration or accident or for damage caused from unauthorized replacement parts, will require consumer proof of purchase from an authorized dealer/reseller and will not be transferable from one consumer to another.

Do you know whether it's a retroactive change? Does my Nikon scope I purchased last year keep the warranty it was purchased with, or does the new policy apply to previous purchases as well?

OP
gr8fuldoug

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you know whether it's a retroactive change? Does my Nikon scope I purchased last year keep the warranty it was purchased with, or does the new policy apply to previous purchases as well?
It is only on product purchased after 9/9/19, however, I am sure on product purchased prior they will want to see a receipt from an authorized dealer