NKOTB: .30 Super Carry

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
www.federalpremium.com/30supercarry.html

Now look I can already hear the grousing. It doesn't start with .4, it's not more powaaaaahhhh, it doesn't penetrate that IIIA armor your elk and bears are wearing, it doesn't make your peepee bigger or guarantee that you'll start farting loudly in the elevator. Yes, ballistically it's just a rimless .32 H&R Magnum.

But what does it do? Less recoil than a 9mm, same muzzle energy as a 124gr 9x19, and in a single stack compact magazine you can get 10 rounds instead of 8. Looks like it's built for one of my personal favorites, the S&W Shield EZ. Good shooter for those with grip issues. In a 15rd G19 mag you should get 18 if my math is right, maybe 19?

Now the other thing I like, if range ammo manages to be even close to 9mm prices I'm looking at a barrel for my Contender as well. Could use my 9mm can on it, be a great small game gun for sure with low noise and recoil. Or hell, get a 17L slide chambered in it, I guarantee I could pop rabbits (stationary, not on the run!) and the like with one.

Strange to see it offered in a 1911, but to each their own.

Last edited: