NL Pure eyecups vs EL?

Bluto

WKR
Doing some optics testing but don’t have a set of NL’s in my hand. For that that have used both - is the eye cup size/style and adjustment the same as the EL’s?

And I guess while I’m asking - is there really a marked difference between the EL and NL performance beyond the FOV difference?

Last edited:
The NLs resolve better and are much more comfortable in the hand. There are more positions on an NL eyecup, but they both ultimately twist in/out and are the same size (you can thread an NL Eyecup into an EL)

OP
Bluto

Bluto

WKR
Thanks to both. I’m glad I’ve gotten to use a few different pair. Although the eye cups wouldn’t be the deciding factor, the EL’s are the least favorite to my eyes and the increments are mushy to me.

GlassSnob

FNG
Not sure about eye cups, although I owned some EL 10x42s years ago. As far as optics are concerned, YES WITHOUT A DOUBT, the NLs are the BEST thing on the market IMO. They are incredible. The FOV is larger as you mentioned, but the depth of field is insane. Without needing to focus you will look over terrain at varying distances saving you time. The clarity is SO good you'll be spoiled and never be able to go back. I hunt in Arizona and have the 12x42 NLs. I throw them on a tripod and feel like nothing is out of range if I'm patient. Game changing glass..... not kidding. -Luke