NL Pure - tripod mounting options?

I won a pair of NL Pure 12x42 from Arizona Antelope Foundation. I have since purchased the headrest and am looking at tripod mounting options.
I know about the Outdoorsman Stud but am worried about the warranty issue or non issue. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize it.

I found what appears to be a good compromise and am wondering if anyone has tried it out yet?

The Kestrel Ring Adaptor with a regular outdoorsman stud or second option the Kestrel stud and tripod adaptor. I dislike the long pointy adaptor thou.

I will be using the PH-170 Nighthawk pan head once it arrives which is arca swiss plate compatable.

Thanks,

Rob

The Outdoorsmans stud won’t void the warranty. I’ve sent two binoculars back to Swarovski, with studs installed and never had an issue. When I’ve spoken with Outdoorsmans in the past, they’ve also said that installing a stud shouldn’t void the warranty. Have you tried calling them to see if anything has changed with Swarovski’s policy?

Even if it did void the warranty, I’d still use the OD stud. From my perspective it’s much better than a lot of the other systems that don’t self level.

OP
R
The Outdoorsmans stud won’t void the warranty. I’ve sent two binoculars back to Swarovski, with studs installed and never had an issue. When I’ve spoken with Outdoorsmans in the past, they’ve also said that installing a stud shouldn’t void the warranty. Have you tried calling them to see if anything has changed with Swarovski’s policy?

Even if it did void the warranty, I’d still use the OD stud. From my perspective it’s much better than a lot of the other systems that don’t self level
Appreciate the response. I emailed Swarovski Optik service, I'll report back. Hoping they agree with you.

tstelzer

FNG
The stud only voids the warranty of the hinge is goes into. Not the glass. Outdoorsman has also came out and said they will pay for what Swarovski won’t because of the mount.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
The NL stud just screws in. It is not a press fit like the EL. If you like the Outdoorsmans system I would not worry one sec about warranty on the NL.

Brummie75

FNG
The Leica universal adapter also works fine. It’s a plastic plate with a rubber strap to hold the binoculars in place.

Not the most compact option, but that doesn’t really matter if you’re carrying a tripod anyway, and it is light.

The Aziak system is cool too, i have the outdoorsman on my NL but have the Aziak on my wife’s kowa genesis… cheap too and still fit fine in the bino harness

6.5x284

WKR
Swaro fixed my NL warranty work and I had an Outdoorsman stud. No issues.

Have heard good things about the RRS barrel clamp but I run the Outdoorsman stud on everything.

OP
R
UPDATE - Swarovski CS stated "Unfortunately there has not been an agreement to allow the installation of an Outdoorsman stud in the NL Pure at this time. It would void the warranty." Upon learning this I purchased the Aziak and am satisfied with it. There is a slight tradeoff in stability for weight but not having to keep track of additional pieces and the Aziak staying attached at all times and still fitting in my Medium Marsupial is a huge plus.

wyosteve

WKR
I think Swaro would have a hard time voiding the warranty unless the Outdoorsmans stud was the cause of the failure.

Swaro fixed my NL warranty work and I had an Outdoorsman stud. No issues.

Have heard good things about the RRS barrel clamp but I run the Outdoorsman stud on everything.
This gives me faith incase I ever have to use the warranty!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrAP